British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole 4th June 2021. Championship.

12 hours ago, Neila said:

Steve shovler could you fly from Bristol ? For future reference easy jet have flights £50 each way for this weekend.

Was going to fly from Southampton because it’s 30 mins away and Shaleshifter lives about 10 minutes from Southampton airport. Hopefully another opportunity later this year.

15 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

My husband went out and bought a smart tv so that I could watch it on tv, ( that was his excuse, lol, he really just wanted a bigger telly) beats watching on the phone, the first stream was of very good quality, there was one little glitch when we lost sound for about a minute. The people that were doing the stream normally do football and I think.it was their first time doing speedway, so were concentrating on who was at the front, but I am assured that it will be sorted for the next match, to be aware of all four riders

Waiting for Lewy to tell you buying at tv has no relevance whatsoever to do with the meeting. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

The thing that makes it worse is that Glasgow is having its summer this week so the match won't be hampered by rain and cold unlike the Kent fixture. I reckon we would have had a bumper crowd so just hope all Poole fans follow Steve Shovlar's lead and buy a streaming pass. A bit worried by this one as they nearly beat Eastbourne despite their aussies finding it tough. I assume they'll be more at home with Ashfields sweeping bends plus their heat leaders have scored well in the past. 

agree this meeting is a huge meeting two top teams .i do think you will be a shade to good for us on this occasion always good to get a point away from home though 

Lets hope Cook (Ben not Craig) can get a bike together in time after 'totalling' his at Arlington. I'm sure the financial help from the Poole R.E.F. (Riders Equipment Fund) will assist him enormously.

On 5/30/2021 at 8:41 PM, Gazc said:

Just Create your account Which is E Mail and password purchase your ticket and your good to go.

Do you know if you can Chromecast the Glasgow stream from phone to TV?

I'm fairly new to streaming having only streamed the British Final & Craven memorial meeting for speedway before, both of which let me cast to my TV.

Also, is it available to watch on demand once purchased if I can't watch it live? 

22 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I'm fairly new to streaming having only streamed the British Final & Craven memorial meeting for speedway before, both of which let me cast to my TV.

Also, is it available to watch on demand once purchased if I can't watch it live? 

That's a good question! As The Masked Dancer is on at the same time.. :D

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I have no idea about the Chromecast as to whether you can cast to your TV sure you can ask the question by contacting someone from the promotion on the website.

You can watch the meeting up to 48 hours after the meeting as many times as you want as was the case with the Kent meeting.

• Like 1

I don't have Google chrome cast, but I did use the Apple version instead.

For the last meeting, I used my iPad, then streamed it to the TV via Apple TV.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Don't see why not, open tigerstv url in Chrome and use the cast option from the browser. 

It is available for 48 hours after. 

Edited by Fingersfin
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fingersfin said:

Don't see why not, open tigerstv url in Chrome and use the cast option from the browser. 

It is available for 48 hours after. 

Thanks, I'm definitely going to support this initiative. I hope it proves profitable for the Tigers and continues after the lockdown. I don't get to see live speedway since the demise of Weymouth as I can't attend weekdays.

My only live speedway in recent years apart from Cardiff was weekend breaks in Eastbourne, but now due to the popularity of staycations, availablity of accommodation is limited & expensive. 

I might even become a Tigers fan if I can watch them every week :t:

• Like 5

20 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I did "smart view" using my Android and Chromecast and it worked perfectly. 

IIRC it didn't have the chromecast icon on the screen which you may be used to and looking for but if you have an Android you can pull down the options from the top of the screen and for me it was the 2nd page. 

Edited by Joseq7

2 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

I did "smart view" using my Android and Chromecast and it worked perfectly. 

Thanks, I'm sure it will be fine then.

It's just that I know some live sports streams and my Virgin TV go app block casting or screen mirroring. I suppose to stop it being being re broadcast to a larger group like in a pub for instance.

I watched most of the football season on streams and in the FAQ's  it said they couldn't be cast as it was against league rules or something but when I pressed 'watch live' the cast symbol appeared anyway and I cast to my TV no problem.

Tigers against the best heat leader trio in the league , will strength in depth prevail ? Wish I was there instead of having to watch it on the telly 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Tigers against the best heat leader trio in the league , will strength in depth prevail ? Wish I was there instead of having to watch it on the telly 

Aye but at least you are out of hibernation now Paulco and that methanol smell has brought you out of your slumber so things can only get better from here on in... nice to see you back...

Regards
THJ

11 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aye but at least you are out of hibernation now Paulco and that methanol smell has brought you out of your slumber so things can only get better from here on in... nice to see you back...

Regards
THJ

All we need is Goebbels in stillettos to let us into Ashfield and we're on.our way back to normality 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2