British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole 4th June 2021. Championship.

7 minutes ago, MD said:

A really enjoyable meeting, still outrageous I can't exercise personal choice and attend Ashfield in person yet I can travel to Kent on Tuesday and Brum on Wednesday, or be amongst 12,000 others at Hampden in 10 days time.

Personal choice is a thing of the past based on location.

Really enjoyable meeting things look promising even with Ricky having a mare.

Yes enjoyable meeting, so impressed that a British speedway team is producing such a polished stream. 

And credit where credits due Edinburgh do well on their tighter budget. 

Looks like, Tigers will have a real force at number 6 all season which bodes well. 

Very impressed with Ben Cook..

Edited by Fingersfin

From a neutral fan was not a bad meeting to watch, no stopping Craig cook, will take some beating around ashfield, Sam Jensen looks good, Ricky wells looks a weak link, for Poole Ben cook looks a very good prospect. Thought the stream was good

Edited by Neila
  • Like 2

Very impressed with the streaming of the meeting tonight echo Steve Shovlars comments on the professionalism of the presentation.

Well done to the Tigers you have a solid looking side and a star in the making in Jensen at reserve.

There was some great racing as the meeting got going and plenty of passing.

Disappointing from a Pirates point of view but losing Rory didn't help but I think Glasgpw would still have won regardless.

Look forward to seeing the Tigers down at Wimborne Road later on in the summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Crash on first bend between Schlein and Cook. 

Ambulance coming on track. Cook up. Medics attending Schlein.

Schlein still down. Reckon he got some whiplash. Second ambulance now coming.
Looks like he is out the meeting with leg injury. Hope it’s not serious.

That's some whiplash, from his neck right down to his leg. :o:cheers:

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, MD said:

A really enjoyable meeting, still outrageous I can't exercise personal choice and attend Ashfield in person yet I can travel to Kent on Tuesday and Brum on Wednesday, or be amongst 12,000 others at Hampden in 10 days time.

Or join the other 2,999 at the Fanzone in Glasgow Green. :blink::cheers:

I know it is tongue in cheek, but I am not sure joking about someone's injury is the way to go. 

• Confused 1

Very enjoyable meeting, would have been closer if Rory had not got injured, very impressed with Ben Cook and Craig back to his best , King of Ashfield, we always hope that he misses the gate as it is a delight watching him go from last to first.  Sam Jensen has come on leaps and bounds since 2019

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I know it is tongue in cheek, but I am not sure joking about someone's injury is the way to go. 

I wasn't joking about the injury, I was referring to Steve's post. Lighten up.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

I don't disagree.  Glasgow should state on their site what does and doesn't work casting wise etc.

I would agree with that.

With so little time between the start of the stream and the 1st heat and after the failure of the cast option it didn't give long to sort out the problems  so I ended up with a crude mirror of a phone screen on my TV with peripheral icons via Google home app.

It did the job so I stuck with it as experimenting further meant missing more of the action. If it hadn't been for the unfortunate lengthy delay I would have missed half the meeting.

Having said that, I too was impressed with the production and will certainly purchase again if I can resolve the casting issues. 

I can't believe the comments on social media complaining about the cost of the stream though.What do people expect FFS ? 

After putting on a meeting at considerable cost with no paying spectators in the stadium, coupled with the production costs of the stream. "Too expensive"  "short sighted" they are all moaning :blink:

It cost me £38 for the takeaway we ate while the 4 of us watched it & only £11:95 for the stream. I know which I enjoyed the most!  

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, MD said:

Agree it’s a joke.she have Glasgow level one for Euros though.

2 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Are fans allowed back into Ashfield next Friday. For the Redcar Championship meeting.

Don't see how Nippy can stop it.

3 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikebaker said:

Are fans allowed back into Ashfield next Friday. For the Redcar Championship meeting.

Will be some as we move to Level 2 at midnight.

just in time for the Euros starting remarkably.

What a surprise.

• Like 1

Just now, tyretrax said:

Don't see how Nippy can stop it.

Sure she will find a way after the Euros.

The Edinburgh variant will take hold by then.

• Haha 4