Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

KENT v EASTBOURNE May 31st

Recommended Posts

Could be very tight this afternoon.   I Expect Jake Knight to hold Ryan Kinsey and Dan Gilkes but can anyone else?

Hopefully Danno Verge and his track knowledge will come through but not sure about  Richard Andrews.

Seagulls have the best reserve and  Nathan Ablitt could make the difference between winning or Losing.

I am going to stick my neck out and say   Royals 43  Seagulls 47 but please no more injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not going today,but will give my prediction.

Think Royals overall strength will see a victory.Knight will score well,but Kent with Kingsley,Gilkes and Rob will be decisive.

I went to Frittenden grasstrack yesterday and young Mulford looks so stylish and promising.

So I will go for 48-42 to the Royals...then again I could be miles out!:D

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hunters said:

Could be very tight this afternoon.   I Expect Jake Knight to hold Ryan Kinsey and Dan Gilkes but can anyone else?

Hopefully Danno Verge and his track knowledge will come through but not sure about  Richard Andrews.

Seagulls have the best reserve and  Nathan Ablitt could make the difference between winning or Losing.

I am going to stick my neck out and say   Royals 43  Seagulls 47 but please no more injuries.

Andrews has had some decent meetings at Central Park in the past, so it could be a close one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Royals will win this comfortably.

Losing Atkins is massive blow and would have been closer with him but still a Royals win

52 - 38 Home win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another nail biting draw looks like it was a good afternoons entertainment.

Terrific performance by Gilkes another star in the making we certainly have a lot of them now

Never expected him to put Knight in the shade but he was deadly

Seagulls will be happy with 3 away points from two matches having had to re jig  but Royals will have to do something about the long tail if they are to have any ambitions and we know Len always wants to win. I am surprised that they declared some points under the limit when they could have had someone like Luke Harris

A special word for Mulford and Ablitt,  Two more that can join the list of future stars.

 looking forward to seeing Gilkes at Arlington next Sunday and how he copes with Brennan,Kemp and Edwards.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Another nail biting draw looks like it was a good afternoons entertainment.

Terrific performance by Gilkes another star in the making we certainly have a lot of them now

Never expected him to put Knight in the shade but he was deadly

Seagulls will be happy with 3 away points from two matches having had to re jig  but Royals will have to do something about the long tail if they are to have any ambitions and we know Len always wants to win. I am surprised that they declared some points under the limit when they could have had someone like Luke Harris

A special word for Mulford and Ablitt,  Two more that can join the list of future stars.

 looking forward to seeing Gilkes at Arlington next Sunday and how he copes with Brennan,Kemp and Edwards.

Len has always treated the NDL as a training league - yes he likes winners but as I know from Rye House days it was about giving young riders track time and their development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fair result by sounds of it.

Kent have two absolute diamonds in Gilkes and Mulford.

When was the last time a Home team went through a whole meeting without ONE SECOND PLACE????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised Seagulls did so well without Atkins, he was the guy every team would have wanted and Seagulls would have wiped up 2 toughest Away matches with him in side and probably the League.

Looks like a very competitive League though now, anyone could win it, literally anyone. 

Surprised Gilkes didn't join Eastbourne for previous Promoters, he rode there every week for Reading in MSDL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HGould said:

Surprised Seagulls did so well without Atkins, he was the guy every team would have wanted and Seagulls would have wiped up 2 toughest Away matches with him in side and probably the League.

Looks like a very competitive League though now, anyone could win it, literally anyone. 

Surprised Gilkes didn't join Eastbourne for previous Promoters, he rode there every week for Reading in MSDL. 

Think the Seagulls may still be favourites, highly likely to go unbeaten at home and as you say 2 of the most difficult away fixtures gone so likely to pick up some away wins as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HGould said:

Surprised Seagulls did so well without Atkins, he was the guy every team would have wanted and Seagulls would have wiped up 2 toughest Away matches with him in side and probably the League.

Looks like a very competitive League though now, anyone could win it, literally anyone. 

Surprised Gilkes didn't join Eastbourne for previous Promoters, he rode there every week for Reading in MSDL. 

The Seagulls rode as a team today. They looked to be well drilled in what the job was.

As far as Atkins is concerned, Eastbourne's Director said on Saturday that Henry has already committed for Seagulls next season if possible and that it was mentioned they would love him to ride for Eagles one day. He's a real talent so I hope that comes true.

Have to agree about Gilkes. It was a surprise he wasn't snaffled up by the Eagles after his Arlington performances for Reading in the NDL in 2018. Really a case of the one that got away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kent Royals showing exactly why the new NDL points limit is a total joke...... 3 novice riders thrown into the deep end getting 2 gifted points between them. No second places tells the tale of the 2 tier structure of most NDL teams in 2021. Once Mulford moves up into the  main body of the team Kent will be exposed at reserve. 

At least the seagulls have had the good fortune to have been able to build a fairly solid team within the points limit devoid of rabbits. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A decent meeting today, raced in front of a good crowd. A draw was a fair result, with both sides having some misfortune.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HGould said:

Surprised Seagulls did so well without Atkins, he was the guy every team would have wanted and Seagulls would have wiped up 2 toughest Away matches with him in side and probably the League.

Looks like a very competitive League though now, anyone could win it, literally anyone. 

Surprised Gilkes didn't join Eastbourne for previous Promoters, he rode there every week for Reading in MSDL. 

Unfortunately we werent there every week, Dan actually only rode at Eastbourne about 5 times in 2018. He was very impressive though -  I do remember in one of the last matches, the Eagles were against Kent, and it was known that Len was already watching with great interest.  And Dan was very keen to impress. There were obviously a few NL bosses interested in him, cant remember if Eastbourne were one of them. Maybe with Tom and Jason already on board they had enough young talent! Actually, didnt they go Championship in 2019?

Edited by skydog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

A decent meeting today, raced in front of a good crowd. A draw was a fair result, with both sides having some misfortune.

Must agree. It was a fair result with the unusual heat causing a few dust problems, but, to be fair, lots of water kept coming. Gilkes surprised me

with his superiority.  He could not be beaten even by Jake Knight.  My own favourite, Mulford had me off my seat. A terrific performance from the

most inexperienced rider in both teams ( with the one exception, newcomer Josh Warren). Nathan Ablitt got better as the afternoon went on and was

put in Heat 15 even though he was a reserve. This move secured the draw for Eastie. Great to be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy