British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

EASTBOURNE V KENT K O CUP 6th June

This looks a bit one sided,  the Kings top 2 had a poor  time in the Premier on Monday whilst Brennan had a super outing at Peterborough

scoring 8 + 2  including beating Scottie Nicholls  not once but twice.   Only Bewley did better for the Aces.  Meanwhile Kemp was  2nd top scorer for

Ipswich with 6 although the team was slaughtered. 

They will have to do a lot better next Sunday and with a weak looking  bottom 4 as well badly need Dan Gilkes to come good.

Hope the Kings make some gates and  I am wrong as there needs to be some interest in the second leg but  around  60-30 

will not surprise me.

Think it will be closer than that, Gilkes is red hot at the moment, Hurry knows his way round Arlington, as do Nicholls and Morley.  Think it will hinge on the performances of Heeps, Bacon and Starke.  Hope you're right though :)

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 8:24 PM, solrac said:

Think it will be closer than that, Gilkes is red hot at the moment, Hurry knows his way round Arlington, as do Nicholls and Morley.  Think it will hinge on the performances of Heeps, Bacon and Starke.  Hope you're right though :)

Eastbourne will be encouraged by the form of Lawson and Kerr last evening at Ipswich, 14+1 and 12+2.

Gilkes won't be there he's in the U19 pairs. Guest is Jack Thomas. Will Cam Heeps be fit after his crash at Ipswich last night?

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Hope Gilkes gets a run out. Might be Drews home track but Anders and Dan are the riders in form

I agree, I d like to see Anders get all the heats with the others shared between Dan and Drew 

• Like 1

Heeps out now as well.

Really fear a real tonking for Kings!!!!!! :(

Edited by blueherb777

18 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Heeps out now as well.

Really fear a real tonking for Kings!!!!!! :(

Kent have booked Broc Nicol as a guest which, probably, makes them stronger.

53 minutes ago, tocha said:

Kent have booked Broc Nicol as a guest which, probably, makes them stronger.

You could be right....but still think it is going to be a big win for Eagles....something like 55-35? :(

So much depends on gating at Arlington, even more so on  hot sunday afternoon.

That having been said  difficult to see many points coming from Kents lower order and reserves at Arlington. Loss of Gilkes to another  under "something or other" meeting a bonus for Eastbourne.  Broc Nicol to top score.

Broc Nicol is first class round Arlington and makes the match much more interesting.  At least he is not reserve this time.

I think this match could be closer than ppl think. Afternoon meetings are notorious for tricky conditions and kent have 2/3 trappers . 

maybe not !!

Edited by ruckerroo

Eastbourne Eagles : 58

Thankfully for Kent Nicholls and Starke got themselves as it would've been a lot worse. 

Unlucky on Lewis Kerr who seems to have picked up a collar bone injury.

So much for my prediction of Broc Nicol top scoring .... that put the mockers on him.

Kent will struggle to even win the second leg on their "home track" . Think the Eastbourne riders have ridden Central Park more than many of the Kent CL riders !

Apart from Nicholls and Starke who got better as the meeting went on, Kent didn't turn up today, the rest was very poor indeed.

Both Brennan and Kemp excellent for Eastbourne, Kennett seems under power to me.

I would say a definite  collarbone break for Kerr in what was an awkward looking spill, classic looking collarbone tumble although obviously I do hope I'm wrong.