British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

EASTBOURNE V KENT K O CUP 6th June

10 minutes ago, M.D said:

Apart from Nicholls and Starke who got better as the meeting went on, Kent didn't turn up today, the rest was very poor indeed.

Both Brennan and Kemp excellent for Eastbourne, Kennett seems under power to me.

I would say a definite  collarbone break for Kerr in what was an awkward looking spill, classic looking collarbone tumble although obviously I do hope I'm wrong. 

Spot on summary. Sadly Lewi pointed to his collarbone. Kennett very unpredictable so far. 

6 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

So much depends on gating at Arlington, even more so on  hot sunday afternoon.

That having been said  difficult to see many points coming from Kents lower order and reserves at Arlington. Loss of Gilkes to another  under "something or other" meeting a bonus for Eastbourne.  Broc Nicol to top score.

Drew Kemp managed to get back from the same under "something or other" meeting.

If he could, surely Gilkes could have done. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Drew Kemp managed to get back from the same under "something or other" meeting.

If he could, surely Gilkes could have done. 

I wonder if as Gdańsk is Drew’s club in Poland would he  have a bike or two already there and possibly Dan had to drive over  with his equipment? - it does seem a strange one otherwise - perhaps someone in the know could take the time to expand on this - next week we will be without Tom and Drew who I think are on U21 call ups - and now minus Lewis it would seem - doesn’t seem right somehow - riding for your country at the expense of your club - best wishes to Lewis - :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

next week we will be without Tom and Drew who I think are on U21 call ups - and now minus Lewis it would seem

If so, we'll be under the cosh against a very useful looking Edinburgh.

16 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

I wonder if as Gdańsk is Drew’s club in Poland would he  have a bike or two already there and possibly Dan had to drive over  with his equipment? - it does seem a strange one otherwise

Spot on - it was mentioned on the tannoy that Drew has bikes in Gdansk and so could get an early flight back, whereas Dan had to drive back with his equipment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Thanks very much for taking the time to post this and solve the puzzle - :cheers:

Long shot I know, but I don't suppose you was the gentleman I was talking to today on turn two?

3 hours ago, SuperSpeed said:

Spot on - it was mentioned on the tannoy that Drew has bikes in Gdansk and so could get an early flight back, whereas Dan had to drive back with his equipment.

Looking at the scores, Jack Thomas was a poor replacement for Danny Gilkes. He had a duck in his previous match.  I would have expected Chris Hunt to use

Mulford after his performance at Glasgow, but he was in the junior meeting at Mildenhall where he did very well. Strange that Tom Bacon, who had done so well

at the tiny Plymouth track, failed to score at Arlington. Such things always make me curious as there must be a reason that we will never know about.   Maybe

someone on the forum can enlighten me ?

8 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Looking at the scores, Jack Thomas was a poor replacement for Danny Gilkes. He had a duck in his previous match.  I would have expected Chris Hunt to use

Mulford after his performance at Glasgow, but he was in the junior meeting at Mildenhall where he did very well. Strange that Tom Bacon, who had done so well

at the tiny Plymouth track, failed to score at Arlington. Such things always make me curious as there must be a reason that we will never know about.   Maybe

someone on the forum can enlighten me ?

Tom Bacon has a sore shoulder it's been documented several times in past week.

Maybe they thought having a Guest for Heeps, who has a similar sore shoulder would be a tactical masterstroke, especially as Nicol usually rides like a no 1 round there?

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Tom Bacon has a sore shoulder it's been documented several times in past week.

Maybe they thought having a Guest for Heeps, who has a similar sore shoulder would be a tactical masterstroke, especially as Nicol usually rides like a no 1 round there?

Nicol got 3 points, hardly a number One's score.  Chris Hunt must have been very disappointed. A decent return from him would not have altered the final result, but the

numbers would have been far closer.

Even Nicholls and Stark took a race to get used to the track which had plenty of dirt on the bends ,,but was well prepared,,Unfortunately the rest of  the Kent side could not perform on it...The meeting was poor for good racing and once again Speedway does its self no favours with more long delays The Eagles look very strong all round at home with young Brennan and Lawson outstanding......Enjoyed the sunshine ,,even if the meeting was very dissopointing for the Kent fans in attendance.....

14 hours ago, M.D said:

Long shot I know, but I don't suppose you was the gentleman I was talking to today on turn two?

Sorry M.D it wasn’t me - stuck at home with a bout of gout - tomatoes the trigger - hadn’t had any for ages and just thought maybe I can try them again - or maybe not! :(

• Like 1

Very drawn out meeting indeed, understand delay for Kerr’s injury but why decided to test the starting gate just before the first race :rolleyes: 15 minute delay to fix it. Presumably working OK in the last home meeting?

55 minutes ago, Laobob said:

Very drawn out meeting indeed, understand delay for Kerr’s injury but why decided to test the starting gate just before the first race :rolleyes: 15 minute delay to fix it. Presumably working OK in the last home meeting?

Yep, bit of a shambles really.  Before Kerr's injury it took an hour and a quarter to run eight heats, and the "10-15" minute interval ended up being half an hour.  If the CL/NDL double headers are run at the same pace it'll be gone midnight before we're finished!

Tapes were fine last week but, as you say, why leave it to the last minute to test them? 

19 minutes ago, SuperSpeed said:

Yep, bit of a shambles really.  Before Kerr's injury it took an hour and a quarter to run eight heats, and the "10-15" minute interval ended up being half an hour.  If the CL/NDL double headers are run at the same pace it'll be gone midnight before we're finished!

Tapes were fine last week but, as you say, why leave it to the last minute to test them? 

Interestingly the rules say

Except when the Referee considers that there are valid reasons for delaying the start of an ensuing heat, the interval between the finish of one heat and the start of the next shall not exceed 4 minutes including the 2 minute allowance.

Peterborough v Belle Vue took 1.5 hours including a short interval which was run at a fairly brisk pace which is usual for matches at the EOES.

Whats strange is the referee for our match was Paul Carrington, the same as this match.

Your point about testing the tapes is a valid one and should be done at least 30 minutes before the start to ensure it’s properly working.