British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Plymouth Vs Kent (Championship) - 1st June

20 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

First home fixture for Pedersen, Crump and the other Plymouth home riders, will the team hold out a good battle and take their first home win of the season. 

Preview of tonight's meeting - http://www.kent-speedway.com/news.php?extend.1664.1&fbclid=IwAR39kXHBE3cBjFIZ0huPhUceNjs7seoPfgMtBHwusyV-aRtzfw_ctRl0NGo

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

King in for Crump (first class guest) both guest rode well, slow start for Plymouth but they all worked hard. Pity about the sound system, but all worked out in the end.

The standard of racing was first class, the meeting started off flat but ended on a high.

It can only get better.     Well worth the money.       A very big thank you to all who helped in putting the meeting on.

See you all next week.

11 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Big blow for the Plymouth promotion losing Jason Crump .....he was undoubtedly the star attraction of the Plymouth side, and would have put "bums on seats." 

Unless B Pedersen gets it together after his embarrassing performance at P'boro last night  (000X)  there will be lots of empty seats at Plymouth.

Were you at Peterborough to witness pedersen riding ???

Pedersen will score pretty well at this level due to his gating alone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Were you at Peterborough to witness pedersen riding ???

To put this in context.

Pedersen scored 18 at Scunthorpe, 9+1 at Belle Vue, 0 at Peterborough and 11 at Plymouth.

I do not know what went wrong at Peterborough but the rest of the scores are very good

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

To put this in context.

Pedersen scored 18 at Scunthorpe, 9+1 at Belle Vue, 0 at Peterborough and 11 at Plymouth.

I do not know what went wrong at Peterborough but the rest of the scores are very good

The duck at P'boro certainly seems the anomaly rather than the norm and thus far Bjarne seems an excellent addition to the leagues. With the greatest of respect to him he is 42 years old and the weather was pretty toasty for the double header....maybe two meetings in a day were just a bit much for him?

5 hours ago, Mikebendone said:

King in for Crump (first class guest) both guest rode well, slow start for Plymouth but they all worked hard. Pity about the sound system, but all worked out in the end.

The standard of racing was first class, the meeting started off flat but ended on a high.

It can only get better.     Well worth the money.       A very big thank you to all who helped in putting the meeting on.

See you all next week.

Looked like a good crowd there to watch.

12 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Why wasn’t Tom Bacon given heat 15? He was Kent’s top scorer at that stage,

Threw away the win  with that  decision in my opinion .

As none of us were at the meeting, this is a question we do not know the answer to.  However, I reckon that Chris Hunt is a pretty astute

team. manager, so he must have had a good reason for his heat 15 decision. Kent VERY unlucky IMO with a fall ( most rare) for

Dan Gilkes in heat 14, spoiling a certain 5-1 for the Kings.  Good result though away from home and all riders scoring is a good omen.

41 minutes ago, HertsRacer said:

Looked like a good crowd there to watch.

750 apparently was the limit 

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The duck at P'boro certainly seems the anomaly rather than the norm and thus far Bjarne seems an excellent addition to the leagues. With the greatest of respect to him he is 42 years old and the weather was pretty toasty for the double header....maybe two meetings in a day were just a bit much for him?

He may be 42, but he has always seemed to have a high fitness level. So I wouldn't have thought so! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

As none of us were at the meeting, this is a question we do not know the answer to.  However, I reckon that Chris Hunt is a pretty astute

team. manager, so he must have had a good reason for his heat 15 decision. Kent VERY unlucky IMO with a fall ( most rare) for

Dan Gilkes in heat 14, spoiling a certain 5-1 for the Kings.  Good result though away from home and all riders scoring is a good omen.

I was at the meeting.

Bacon gated like lightening in 3 of his rides, looked untouchable .Didnt gate in 1 race and came 3rd. A few of us were very surprised that Heeps was named. He was largely anonymous. All Bacon had to do was gate and mess the Plymouth pair up and let Scott go.

In my opinion, Kent lost it, while Plymouth gained.

Edited by BobC

3 hours ago, Sherborne Green said:

To put this in context.

I’m a Ipswich fan but took in the Peterborough meeting as a neutral. And pedersen was on the pace and giving his in every lap of every race. 
to be fair to him he is not a number one but is the highest average rider. 
it annoys me when people judge riders on the scores on updates when they haven’t seen the meeting.  
and normally the poster hasn’t been to a live meeting for years. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BobC said:

Edited by BobC

53 minutes ago, BobC said:

I was at the meeting.

Bacon gated like lightening in 3 of his rides, looked untouchable .Didnt gate in 1 race and came 3rd. A few of us were very surprised that Heeps was named. He was largely anonymous. All Bacon had to do was gate and mess the Plymouth pair up and let Scott go.

In my opinion, Kent lost it, while Plymouth gained.

Why wasn't Bjarne given gate 1 for heat 15? that may have resulted in a Plymouth 5-1.

17 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Why wasn’t Tom Bacon given heat 15? He was Kent’s top scorer at that stage,

Threw away the win  with that  decision in my opinion .

Tom was offered heat 15 but is still struggling a bit with a shoulder injury so that's why Heeps was selected instead.

A good all round showing from Kent.Bacon and Gilks impressive..Cant wait to see what all the team can do individually at home next week