British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway fan

BIRMINGHAM v REDCAR WEDS JUNE 2ND

Are people surprised? 

Fans being charged to watch a professional sport when even at the highest level in the UK, its an amateur sport these days.

Will only get worse as well. Time to knock team speedway on the head and change to grasstrack style events. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

Are people surprised? 

Fans being charged to watch a professional sport when even at the highest level in the UK, its an amateur sport these days.

Will only get worse as well. Time to knock team speedway on the head and change to grasstrack style events. 

seriously its classed as a professional sport still :o

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

Are people surprised? 

55 races at Frittenden last Sunday for £15. Excellent value for money.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, homer said:

seriously its classed as a professional sport still :o

'Elite sport' get it right!

• Haha 1

So meeting has to be re-run because 10 races not completed, meeting abandoned at about 9:50pm.

Grobauer has been excluded so 3 riders only in heat 10, had it been run best Brummies could have got (barring something unusual) was a 3-3 which would have left the Bears with an 8 point lead.

Very harsh on the Bears to have to do it all again ( any idea when it could be fitted in?) through no fault of their own.

I seem to remember Glasgow being awarded a 4 point away win at Redcar when the meeting was abandoned after Heat 9 in 2017. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

So meeting has to be re-run because 10 races not completed, meeting abandoned at about 9:50pm.

Grobauer has been excluded so 3 riders only in heat 10, had it been run best Brummies could have got (barring something unusual) was a 3-3 which would have left the Bears with an 8 point lead.

Very harsh on the Bears to have to do it all again ( any idea when it could be fitted in?) through no fault of their own.

I seem to remember Glasgow being awarded a 4 point away win at Redcar when the meeting was abandoned after Heat 9 in 2017. 

Stop trying to be sensible!!! ;)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

thats far to sensible to work in speedway

13 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Make the most of that, the grass won't be around forever. 

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

Make the most of that, the grass won't be around forever. 

:D

5 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

doubt bears have got a big enough brown paper bag 

• Like 1

My first meeting since 2017 and things really appear to have deteriorated. 

• Like 1

Let’s get one thing straight there’s been a dog meeting at Perry Barr on a Wednesday for a long time, it goes back to the Tony Mole time as owner, and his track men could not get on the track until 2pm,

So please don’t give us the “Surprised Dog Meeting “ crap 

• Like 1

Just checked the Brummies website, no free dates until Wednesday 21st July at he and no mention of an alternative raceday?

Bears are back there in the League on the 7th July in the league.

3 minutes ago, Deano said:

My first meeting since 2017 and things really appear to have deteriorated. 

I gave up with it after watching Lee Richardson lose his life in 2012 but still try to take an interest,but it's sadly waning :(I'd like to ask those devoted supporters who attended this evening why should I attend again?

Good to see you posting on here again Deano:t:

• Like 3