British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway fan

BIRMINGHAM v REDCAR WEDS JUNE 2ND

10 minutes ago, tomhaines said:

An utter shambles with 5.5 hours to prepare the track, yet as 7.30 rolled around there was a lot of standing around and not a lot of track work…. Absolute contempt for the paying customers. Not sure what happened there but it’s unacceptable - before anyone accuses me of being a ‘keyboard warrior’ and praising the promotion… I’m a paying customer and I didn’t pay to stand around for over an hour listening to music that is older than me whilst being told we’ll be underway shortly again and again.

Speedway in the UK just doesn’t get it. As a mid 30s fan of almost 24 years with disposable income I’m exactly the type of fan Speedway should be trying to attract and maintain. But there is very little thought for the fans and nothing to attract newbies to stay. 

Absolutely agree.

I was following on speedway updates and commented that the delay was unacceptable and was told my comment was unnecessary and I should be grateful something was happening (at the time nothing was). 

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pinny said:

:D

A was referring to 'areas of grass',,, not necessarily just grass.

1 minute ago, bluejam said:

Good to see you posting on here again Deano:t:

Thanks mate. I’ve bought tonight’s and the next two admission tickets in advance. I’ve missed my speedway. That and the fact we spent an age getting permission to run in 2007 are my only reasons for going at the moment. It would be great to see you at PB again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Absolutely agree.

I was following on speedway updates and commented that the delay was unacceptable and was told my comment was unnecessary and I should be grateful something was happening (at the time nothing was). 

thats the life of a speedway fan now you have to be grateful that something maybe happening when someone can be bothered to get on the tractor or get on the mic to maybe explain why everything is taking so long , while your newbie fan thinks why the f**k should i bother with this ancient out of date effort for entertainment

• Like 2

Just now, Deano said:

Thanks mate. I’ve bought tonight’s and the next two admission tickets in advance. I’ve missed my speedway. That and the fact we spent an age getting permission to run in 2007 are my only reasons for going at the moment. It would be great to see you at PB again.

I'll work on it:t:

Warmest day this year,what could possibly go wrong?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wish the fella Jordan Stewart all the best for a rapid recovery:t: 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bluejam said:

I gave up with it after watching Lee Richardson lose his life in 2012 but still try to take an interest,but it's sadly waning :(I'd like to ask those devoted supporters who attended this evening why should I attend again?

Good to see you posting on here again Deano:t:

Because the Brummies are in the Minority of clubs that are currently ran badly. 

I’ve been up to Edinburgh, Redcar and Bell Vue this year and they have all been great meetings. At those clubs you can actively see the promoters trying to move with the times and put on a show that in my opinion is worth the money to watch the sport we all love. 

It’s really not all doom a gloom and I realise not everyone can travel to other tracks often  but even it’s only now and again I’d urge anyone to take a trip to any club in the country bar the Brummies and Kings Lynn at the moment. 

Plenty of positive to shout about this year already it’s a shame it’s so easy for people to just focus on the negatives. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Feeling really sorry for all the Redcar fans whose long journey has been totally wasted.

I'm sure that the Brummies will have a Just Giving web page set up to raise funds for the unexpected refunds... It seems to be the way that things get financed there these days.

I took a walk to the stadium this evening, but my heart sank when I saw the farce outside the stadium. Given that the weather forecast was for rain showers, with one thing and another I just gave up and went back home again. It makes you wonder how many of those who persevered and paid to get in will ever want to go again.

"Elite Sport" they call this???  What a joke.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, BearsBoy said:

Thanks for letting me know!I actually thought that with Mr Rogers running current affairs everything would be fine?

Edited by bluejam
  • Haha 2

So I attended Perry Barr tonight with 4 new supporters, oh dear, don't think any of us will be going again, absolutely shocking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Feeling really sorry for all the Redcar fans whose long journey has been totally wasted.

I'm sure that the Brummies will have a Just Giving web page set up to raise funds for the unexpected refunds... It seems to be the way that things get financed there these days.

I took a walk to the stadium this evening, but my heart sank when I saw the farce outside the stadium. Given that the weather forecast was for rain showers, with one thing and another I just gave up and went back home again. It makes you wonder how many of those who persevered and paid to get in will ever want to go again.

"Elite Sport" they call this???  What a joke.

Oh dear me!!For your heart to sink takes some doing!!!!:o

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BearsBoy said:

I’ve been up to Edinburgh, Redcar and Bell Vue this year and they have all been great meetings. At those clubs you can actively see the promoters trying to move with the times and put on a show that in my opinion is worth the money to watch the sport we all love. 

It’s really not all doom a gloom and I realise not everyone can travel to other tracks often  but even it’s only now and again I’d urge anyone to take a trip to any club in the country bar the Brummies and Kings Lynn at the moment. 

Plenty of positive to shout about this year already it’s a shame it’s so easy for people to just focus on the negatives. 

Having been to Belle Vue on Friday for a very well run Colts and BYC meeting I agree - not all tracks are bad!

If I were a ‘good’ promoter with a well run track I’d be having a word with these ‘poor’ promoters as every farce has an impact on the image of the whole sport and visiting attendances… am I going to try and talk my partner into going to Plymouth now when we are down in Devon after a couple of shambles elsewhere… probably not as their perception is it’s gonna be crap and it’s too much of a risk to waste an evening of holiday.  It’s a lose lose for the sport I’m afraid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomhaines said:

If I were a ‘good’ promoter with a well run track I’d be having a word with these ‘poor’ promoters as every farce has an impact on the image of the whole sport and visiting attendances… am I going to try and talk my partner into going to Plymouth now when we are down in Devon after a couple of shambles elsewhere… probably not as their perception is it’s gonna be crap and it’s too much of a risk to waste an evening of holiday.  It’s a lose lose for the sport I’m afraid.

Damned good point, bloody well made. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomhaines said:

… am I going to try and talk my partner into going to Plymouth now when we are down in Devon after a couple of shambles elsewhere… probably not as their perception is it’s gonna be crap and it’s too much of a risk to waste an evening of holiday.

:oIt ain't worth a divorce for a speedway meeting:lol:

• Haha 1

Out of interest who is the Track Curator at Birmingham is it still John Priest and Big Arthur 

1 minute ago, Argos said:

Out of interest who is the Track Curator at Birmingham is it still John Priest and Big Arthur 

No - Chris Roynon.