British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP Challenge Zarnovica Saturday August 21st live on the internet

Tofeek diddnt even set his own bike up. Said to the mechanic I've never been here  set it up for me and I'll just ride the bike. 

Class above everyone else. 

What a meeting that was BTW. Always love my trips to Glasgow excellent set up. 

Well done everyone involved for a top night 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Thanks,he was class,Lars Fredricksen rode better than his points total and was certainly on the pace,is that the rider who had signed for Monarchs before they made changes.! Certainly looks a prospect.IMO.

Assuming you mean Lasse rather than Lars, yeah :P
I think Edinburgh wanted him in the team this year but with covid travel restrictions he decided to drop out rather than Edinburgh dropping him. Not certain on that, though.
Like you, I was quite impressed with what he did in that field without any serious UK experience. I think he was the only rider in the meeting that hadn't been a UK league regular at some point in the past. 

• Thanks 1

Enjoyed that at Glasgow, great track and it showed in the racing.

nasty with Tero and Bradley, right in front of me. Bradley landed heavy on his head looking at my pictures, all the best to both riders

Top night for British speedway. Just goes to show how riding in Poland is extremely beneficial. Fingers crossed for a televised final 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Tai was woeful on his first gp season, didn't turn out too bad when he returned to the series :)

Not a name that excites me but if he earns his place then no one can take that from him.

Comparing Tai to Kolodzeij is a bit odd. Tai was a youngster when he was in his first go series, Kolodzeij must be in his 30’s, maybe 32?   Just checked he is actually 37.  He has had 2 full GP season, 2011 and 2019, finishing 14 th both times, despite the win in Czech gp in 2019. In that year he was down at the bottom with Lindback.

I like Kolodzeij style of riding, all I saying was 2019, and I know he won a GP, the rest of the year he was mostly rubbish.                         
I know he has a good record and been Polish champ, which is really good considering standard of racers in Poland, but 2019 ? Why has he not appeared on the World team championship in the last few years?                      
Seems his really good years were early-mid 2000’s.

Another good result for Dan and great performance from Tom to get 9 points at Glasgow.

Good to see Max Fricke got through as well with the good news that Robert Lambert won his run off to get through.

I was really impressed by Tom Brennan’s performance last night.

I would think Dan’s best bikes were in Poland. After his early rides I did think he wasn’t going to get through.

Luke Becker impressed me as well.

7 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Think only 3 will qualify from Gorican because no Slovak has qualified for the Challenge in Zarnovica.

I have never agreed with this.

There are 4 semi-finals & each nation can nominate their riders to make up the 64 required & from what I see Slovakia have nominated only 1 & he finished 14th at Gorican. This event is to find 3 riders to qualify for the SGP series 2022. The biggest event in speedway. One man has placed all his finances into this semi-final & managed to make it in fourth spot after his 5 races & possibly a run off.

But he has to be told that the host nation despite only nominating a single rider for the semis & he finished 14th will have a chance to make it to the SGP series, but thanks for coming.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Technik said:

I have never agreed with this.

There are 4 semi-finals & each nation can nominate their riders to make up the 64 required & from what I see Slovakia have nominated only 1 & he finished 14th at Gorican. This event is to find 3 riders to qualify for the SGP series 2022. The biggest event in speedway. One man has placed all his finances into this semi-final & managed to make it in fourth spot after his 5 races & possibly a run off.

But he has to be told that the host nation despite only nominating a single rider for the semis & he finished 14th will have a chance to make it to the SGP series, but thanks for coming.

Slovakia had an allocation of 1 place only by the FIM. Who is going to be mad enough to put a meeting on when they don`t have a home rider in the field !!! Maybe 3 only from the qualifiers and then 3 FIM picks might have been fairer.

50 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Slovakia had an allocation of 1 place only by the FIM. Who is going to be mad enough to put a meeting on when they don`t have a home rider in the field !!! Maybe 3 only from the qualifiers and then 3 FIM picks might have been fairer.

If we want speedway to be an international sport then these meetings have to be shared around. And without home representation most nations just wouldn't want to go ahead. Not ideal but it's something we have to accept.

Personally I'd prefer 3 rounds with the top 5 from each. Feels more symmetrical and it reduces the risk of one pointless ride making qualification almost impossible (as Robert Lambert nearly found out last night).

I'd also allocate some of the minnow nations places in a preliminary round to winnow out some of the chaff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Comparing Tai to Kolodzeij is a bit odd. Tai was a youngster when he was in his first go series, Kolodzeij must be in his 30’s, maybe 32?   Just checked he is actually 37.  He has had 2 full GP season, 2011 and 2019, finishing 14 th both times, despite the win in Czech gp in 2019. In that year he was down at the bottom with Lindback.

I like Kolodzeij style of riding, all I saying was 2019, and I know he won a GP, the rest of the year he was mostly rubbish.                         
I know he has a good record and been Polish champ, which is really good considering standard of racers in Poland, but 2019 ? Why has he not appeared on the World team championship in the last few years?                      

It's not a like for like comparison. I totally agree on that.

My point is for some, a year or two break in Gps can make all the difference.

And if a rider qualifies via the qualifiers/challenge,regardless of GP record he surely deserves his spot.

• Like 1

Anyone have an idea why they had track problems in Terenzano?

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Because it’s been pairs the last few years, and Poland are the strongest nation in the world and have had Zmarzlik, Dudek, Janowski and Piotr Pawlicki

28 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Anyone have an idea why they had track problems in Terenzano?

heat and a cr*p track curator ???  ;)

Edited by racers and royals

13 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

But he was rubbish last time he was in the GP series, which wasn’t so long ago. He is like Lindback was, brilliant or rubbish.

He still managed to win one!

• Like 1