British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP Challenge Zarnovica Saturday August 21st live on the internet

Thanks... Blummin wild cards! Don't get me started lol... I really can't be bothered

Hope Ellis is fit to ride

2 hours ago, iand said:

Hope Ellis is fit to ride

With luck Jon will read this and give us an update. 

Best of luck to Adam if he rides, love to see him breakthrough and give some of the more fancied riders a real shock . Be brilliant to qualify as a bonus to add to his British title. 

7 hours ago, jrs said:

With luck Jon will read this and give us an update. 

Best of luck to Adam if he rides, love to see him breakthrough and give some of the more fancied riders a real shock . Be brilliant to qualify as a bonus to add to his British title. 

If he does qualify that means he is in all the GPs next year. Would he sustain a very high standard in all the rounds, or would he be fighting to be clear of no15 spot.ie like Berntzon and KK this year.

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

If he does qualify that means he is in all the GPs next year. Would he sustain a very high standard in all the rounds, or would he be fighting to be clear of no15 spot.ie like Berntzon and KK this year.

It would be a brilliant experience for Adam if he got in the GPS and a big challenge machinery and set up wise.But he could take it as a learning curve try to enjoy it and he could surprise .It is great we have another Brit in the mix hope to see him again at Swindon in 2022? pigs might fly !!!! as Fraser said we are DOOMED.

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Adam has made valuable steady progress over the last two or three years and whilst the GPs would be a baptism of fire,  all GP riders have to start somewhere.  Maybe next year might be a year too soon , but I believe he has the talent to expand his already considerable European experience and develop further. Obviously sponsorship and making the correct calls mechanically are vital. 

When I said would Adam "sustain a very high standard in all the rounds" I was including in that statement his riding ability, his sponsorship package, his fitness, his machinery, his mental fitness, mechanics.......the whole package.  In the line up for tomorrow, there is a few that I could see giving it a good go and ruffle a few feathers in the gp's, whether they would sustain it for a full year. If 3 good ones get the GP next year, thats fine, but its not always the case and a full GP season (hopefully 2022) is a long time.

He’s flying out today. Battered and bruised but will try his best tomorrow 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

He’s flying out today. Battered and bruised but will try his best tomorrow 

Best of luck to him. At this stage in his career I don't think it will be a disaster if he doesn't qualify, but I hope he'll be having a serious shot at the SEC next season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Best of luck to him. At this stage in his career I don't think it will be a disaster if he doesn't qualify, but I hope he'll be having a serious shot at the SEC next season.

I’m hoping he does well, but remember it was this meeting a year ago when he was taken out from behind which resulted in 3 fractured vertebrae and a couple of months in a back support. 

Best of luck to Adam on Saturday.

It was nice to see him get it together on Friday showing us what he could do at the EWR & seeing his performance at the NSS in the British Final, awesome.

• Like 3

i hope Adam can put on a good show, one of the nice guys in the sport with talent too

• Like 2

Very even field IMo

Dudek,Fricke,Kolodziez and Lambert,have the experience but there are always surprises.

The toughest event in World Speedway, Every point counts, A single bad ride & it could all be over.

A fantastic advert for speedway but I feel at least the top 5 of these should be allowed to qualify.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Very even field IMo

Dudek,Fricke,Kolodziez and Lambert,have the experience but there are always surprises.

I like Kolodziez as a rider, but no, not after his last effort, he was like Lindback and KK, you didn’t know which Kolodziez was going to turn up.

1 hour ago, Technik said:

The toughest event in World Speedway, Every point counts, A single bad ride & it could all be over.

A fantastic advert for speedway but I feel at least the top 5 of these should be allowed to qualify.

Erm, tell me what position in this years GP are last years Challenge top 3.

The SEC is better producing worthy GP contestants at the moment and that competition only has the winner going through. Putting the Challenge top 5 through would be ridiculous IMO.

• Like 3