British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP Challenge Zarnovica Saturday August 21st live on the internet

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Yout mean they don't just hand out money and medals to who they want??? :party:

They might have if it was ridden in Belarus :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Has Lambert found his level in the sport,a couple of decent rides a meeting against the Top guys.?

I think he's still a bit young to have found his level but he very soon needs to learn to make starts consistently and be better around the first two bends or he will plateau. 

• Like 2

Lambert is 3 years younger than Zmarzlik. Zmarzlik was blessed with Ekstraliga experience from 16. Lambert is as good as anyone his age now with Drabik disappearing & Smektala standing still. Kubera & Chugunov average less in Ekstraliga.

He's a little behind Fricke, who is a few years older but still improving. Unless Zmarzlik has an injury or downward spike I doubt any of those mentioned will reach his level.

Still hope.

• Like 1

Lambert has come across as a bit thick in the GP's. His first and second bend moves have been poor and he has put himself in some awful positions generally on track which have cost him points. His gating is dire as well at the top level. Great talent but a hell of a lot of developing to do. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Col said:

Lambert is 3 years younger than Zmarzlik. Zmarzlik was blessed with Ekstraliga experience from 16. Lambert is as good as anyone his age now with Drabik disappearing & Smektala standing still. Kubera & Chugunov average less in Ekstraliga.

He's a little behind Fricke, who is a few years older but still improving. Unless Zmarzlik has an injury or downward spike I doubt any of those mentioned will reach his level.

Still hope.

People seem to forget that riders peak much later these days, often we'll past 30. I'd certainly put Lambert's career progress to date on a par with Freddie Lindgren who seems to have had a pretty good run in the GPs.

• Like 1

Oh yes. Who could forget Jagus who must have been about 50 when he made the GP’s 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

People seem to forget that riders peak much later these days, often we'll past 30. I'd certainly put Lambert's career progress to date on a par with Freddie Lindgren who seems to have had a pretty good run in the GPs.

Darcy Ward would be approaching his prime around now then... now wouldn't that have been a treat to watch in the GP's with Bartek!

It was 6 years ago tomorrow since his crash

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:33 AM, iainb said:

Darcy Ward would be approaching his prime around now then... now wouldn't that have been a treat to watch in the GP's with Bartek!

It was 6 years ago tomorrow since his crash

Is it really 6yrs ago, god how time cuts by, but yeah the speedway world was robbed of a special talent when Darcy had his terrible accident, for all his off track antics no one can say he wasn't a class act on it, a truly natural talent on a bike.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 7:49 AM, Col said:

Still hope.

Zmarzlik will likely end his career  regarded as one of the top ten post-war speedway riders. If Fricke and Lambert fail to reach his level - and i would be very surprised if either do reach it- they could still be good enough to challenge for - or even win- a world title.

Yes, Zmarzlik v Ward would have been special.

If Zmarzlik isn't regarded alongside Nielsen & Rickardsson (I'm not old enough to remember any others) then it will be down to injury..

• Thanks 1