British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP Challenge Zarnovica Saturday August 21st live on the internet

Kolodziej blew it big time. Thank god no injuries but what a 5hitshow for the sport. Holding it an unknown track in the backside of nowhere does not promote the sport in any way, shape or form.

Every single time we are served up a horrible slick track but this time with ruts which throws the leading rider to the back. 

Give next year to BV on a Saturday night and let the bv track staff prepare the track. Full stadium, great racing and British speedway shown in a good light. Today showed why the sport is in decline.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Why was there a run of for 1st? When nobody cares who wins this meeting. Surely the run off that was needed was for 4th and 5th in case Fricke qualifies in the top 6 in the GP's.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

Why was there a run of for 1st? When nobody cares who wins this meeting. Surely the run off that was needed was for 4th and 5th in case Fricke qualifies in the top 6 in the GP's.

Medal & Prize money for 1st place. Both had identical scores, Pawel beat Max when they met in heat 12, so would have been 1st anyway!

Kolodziej had 3 heat wins Smolinski 2.

(All stats compiled using KanDysoft spreadsheet!) :D

Edited by Gambo
  • Thanks 1

Worse track I seen a meeting on for years. They got the space there to redesign that track, shorter, but some gradient into, but assume it met FIM criteria.  Hardly any passing, just rubbish. If I was a rider I would be a bit miffed having to travel lots of miles to ride that rubbish. Glasgow should have had the final instaed, that track was a lot better then what the riders got.

I was sweating there…… thought Smolinski and Kolodziez would be in next years GP, still, that would have sorted 14th and 15fh. Still, they were the oldest in the field at 36 and 37 respectively.

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Medal & Prize money for 1st place. Both had identical scores, Pawel beat Max when they met in heat 12, so would have been 1st anyway!

Are you Sam Ermolenko in disguise :rofl:

Yeah, I get the count back but where is the consistency?

Pity about track prep because it is decent size and shape for great racing.You would think that BSI would supervise it.

15 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So if Fricke manages top we stuck with Kolodziez. I hope Fricke doesn’t make the top 6.     Panic…… Fricke is only 12 points off top 6, which is Woffy!

Edited by OveFundinFan

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

... Why wasn’t BV chosen?

Were they asked to do it ?

Everyone seems to be moaning about Zarnovitsa track, and why was it chosen to stage GP Challenge. It seems to me that as our speedway is a professional sport run by commercially oriented companies the driving force in this game is ...money!  For promotors and riders alike.  If BV would offer enough money to lure GP Challenge promoters I am sure we would see them staging GP Challenge.

• Like 2

Apart from the top 3,let’s face the only other prospects for the future were the 3 Brits who were disappointing and Kevch who was the most entertaining IMO.The rest are just journeymen.

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I’m sure Tungate’s mechanic is a famous polish basketball player, who played in the NBA, he’s certainly good friends with him, if not

Marcin Gortat is the name

You are correct about the name...but Marcin Gortat is not Tungate's mechanic

• Thanks 1

If Marcin Gortat wants to be Tungates mechanic….. if I was Tungate I would let him, no arguement.

• Haha 1

Przedpełski! maybe a spoiler in Torun but will struggle elsewhere, better than Kasprzak at least.

Dudek is a gater but can be quick & mix it with top few, could be in contention for top 6.

Fricke deserves to be in the Gp's.