British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Berwick 9th June 2021. Championship

This is the first meeting in a long time between these two teams. Raking my brains to remember when Berwick rode at Wimborne Road. Was it when Tatum and Blixt were in the team owned by criminal Terry Linden? Or did we meet in an interview league meeting? Either way a long time back.

Hopefully the weather will play fair and we will have a capacity crowd (under covid regs) and be treated to a good entertaining meeting. Some of the team have never rode the track in anger but did get some practice in last week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPla28UAV5X/

Tickets now on sale and selling well. No pre-booked ticket no entry.
https://poole-speedway.seatedly.com/events

I believe all the Berwick riders have ridden Wimborne Road with Busk-Jackobsen an ex Pirate.  Etheridge and Summers in particular know the track.

Best opportunity for Berwick to get something before the Pirates get dialled in. Looking forward to it.

Thoughts?

I recall a Cup Final between the sides in 1989?

13 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I recall a Cup Final between the sides in 1989?

Yes Berwick won the cup in 89 beating Poole in the Final. 1990 Poole got there revenge beating us in the cup with a 100-90 aggregate win. 1991 we met again in Division 1 with Berwick winning 50-40 at Berrington Lough and 47-43 at Wimborne Road.

• Like 2

Remember Poole’s Jon Gould crashing at Berwick and his bike cleared the fence! Luckily no one standing there.

So it’s 30 years since the teams have met.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Remember Poole’s Jon Gould crashing at Berwick and his bike cleared the fence! Luckily no one standing there.

So it’s 30 years since the teams have met.

Rosco's bike did the same in pretty spectacular fashion at Berrington Lough , there's a clip somewhere on You Yube 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Rosco's bike did the same in pretty spectacular fashion at Berrington Lough , there's a clip somewhere on You Yube 

Looking forward to next week and the first meeting at home for the Pirates. I remember some battle royals with the Bandits back in the old national league days.

Should be a good match , but hoping for a home win on the night.

Any travelling Bandits fans making the long trip down .I guess that will be an issue with having  to book tickets in blocks due to the restrictions on numbers allowed into the stadium.

Really? I can see three of them being good at Poole but I don't know about the other 4. 

It should be a very interesting meeting this one, Poole look to have an attractive side with a few who will improve as the season goes on.Danyon Hume who  i think will hold his own and certainly entertain any news on him getting a NL club.?Average more and likely to high but it would be beneficial to Poole if he had more rides to get his race fitness and sharpness up.

• Like 1

Jordan Palins bike did the same at Belle vue last Monday, Jordan walked away from the crash but the bike was brought back in the front loader of a tractor.

Poole’s top end strength should see them win this but I’d like to think we could at least put on a show and make them have to earn this. With the gating and effort that was shown last  week against Scunny, you just never know... we are just that unpredictable! 

Poole will win this comfortably... Berwick are not a great side, Poole stronger in every department 

It would be a pleasant surprise if Berwick got anything out of this meeting.Dany G with a 15 pointer would help.

• Haha 2

If any Poole or Berwick fans are intending to come but haven't yet booked their tickets online, the latest update says that single tickets will be on sale from 12noon on Monday 7th.

NB. There will be NO bars or Catering outlets open for this meeting!!

www.poole-speedway.com