British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Berwick 9th June 2021. Championship

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Hans confirmed - for one night only!!!

the full monty for one night only as the film said :t::)

Is there any news on Rory's injury? Do we know how long he is going to be out for? 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Is there any news on Rory's injury? Do we know how long he is going to be out for? 

I've heard a week to 10 days 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I've heard a week to 10 days 

Shorter than I was expecting! They'll just use guests then. 

The meeting preview reckons he may only miss 2 or 3 meetings!!

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The meeting preview reckons he may only miss 2 or 3 meetings!!

Is this the doctors decision or Rory's though? ;) You know how riders like to come back earlier than they are meant to! :D

All those empty seats. Very disheartening. Hopefully the rules will be relaxed soon and things will get back to normal. Not sure many clubs. An afford to run with such reduced attendances.

• Sad 1

On 6/2/2021 at 9:38 PM, Richard Weston said:

Berwick on for a point, at least.

Changed your mind yet,after Plymouth result;)

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

All those empty seats. Very disheartening. Hopefully the rules will be relaxed soon and things will get back to normal. Not sure many clubs. An afford to run with such reduced attendances.

No club will be able to sustain this if it continues after 21st. These draconian measures insisted on by the Stadium landlords, not the Council or the club, are really putting the pressure on!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole v Berwick in the lower tier isn't particularly normal though for the Manchester Utd of speedway is it. A relaxation may help a little but will it fill those seats? I'd have my doubts.

32 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Poole v Berwick in the lower tier isn't particularly normal though for the Manchester Utd of speedway is it. A relaxation may help a little but will it fill those seats? I'd have my doubts.

What was it like when Peterborough dropped down? Were the crowds a lot different? 

Hardly saw a facemask in the crowd at Wolverhampton on Monday ,why this draconian measure at Poole

Edited by hrhbig
missed
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

What was it like when Peterborough dropped down? Were the crowds a lot different? 

Seems so long ago. When I go I get there early and don't tend to move too much and leave late so always difficult to gauge crowd size. I'm sure that there was a drop off initially and a few regular faces disappeared never to be seen again. Whether that was the drop, Frost/Mahoney going or Horton surfacing again I don't know, although I'd have a guess. A fair few people had been calling for the drop for years because when the top league really was a top league then the lower tier was probably more traditional and sustainable for the club. I just don't associate Poole with second best so would be concerned that some of the fanbase will not have it and also it isn't much of a draw to visitors and/or floaters?

Edited by Crump99
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

No club will be able to sustain this if it continues after 21st. These draconian measures insisted on by the Stadium landlords, not the Council or the club, are really putting the pressure on!!

nothing those landlords do would ever surprise me but what on earth is there angle(and they will have one) in making life so difficult for the speedway???

• Sad 1