British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Berwick 9th June 2021. Championship

Basically 6pts down between Heat 5 - Heat 14 you can use a tac sub once but not in Heat 8. Normal points system

• Like 3

Streamed it as mentioned no commentary first 4 heats but no other problems for the rest of meeting was impressed with Cook last night ,who also impressed last Friday on Glasgows stream.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

I see the Berwick website match report calls Hans Andersen ‘a ringer’. The referee must have deemed his inclusion permissible and there has been no mention of a protest. Bad form from the Bandits in my view.

Personally would prefer Hans to Schlien....Hans would score big points everywhere.....Schlein won’t.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Personally would prefer Hans to Schlien....Hans would score big points everywhere.....Schlein won’t.

Hans was testing an engine last night. So good job it worked well! 

13 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Im not a fan of Hans, tbh. However, I do agree with you on this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BobC said:

Andersen would clean up at championship level, he will clean up even in the premiership imo. 

Would much prefer Andersen over Scheiln. 

3 hours ago, BobC said:

watch the meeting on stream and we noticed what a good team man hans is out there after every race when the lads came back in . always thought he should have  been in his career at poole a lot longer than he was  just my opinion of course 

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

Hans was only able to do the meeting because he has not taken part in the Danish Individual Championship on Wednesday.

Other Wednesdays would bring clashes with Danish League meetings as well as any travelling issues.

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Plus it is Rory's final year. You can have Hans next year! ;)

yes of course if there is such a thing  :t:

On 6/9/2021 at 9:51 PM, lisa-colette said:

Well some of us wrote the heat scores down, so I knew what was going on! At least Poole are streaming, not every club is so just be thankful for that! First try at it so can only get better. 

Beam me up snotty! lol

The stream at the start was appalling and it got better as the night went on.  As for the heat scores, I could easily keep that just in my head (no need to write them down!) but it wasn't easy to see/work out who was racing (especially Berwick) and who scored what until the commentary kicked in.

Just to bring a few positives to the forum, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting (apart from all the restrictions). 

When I looked at our team I thought maybe Ben Cook could be the weak link, just shows what I know! Danyon Hume looked a lot better than his zero score would suggest and I was impressed that Zane Keleher took the opportunity to practice after the meeting.  Everybody I think will improve as they get used to the track. And how good did the track look? I haven't seen it as smooth as that for a while!

Also, even though I am an old 'un, It was great to hear some music that wasn't from 50 years ago!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Pirate Rich said:

Just to bring a few positives to the forum, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting (apart from all the restrictions). 

When I looked at our team I thought maybe Ben Cook could be the weak link, just shows what I know! Danyon Hume looked a lot better than his zero score would suggest and I was impressed that Zane Keleher took the opportunity to practice after the meeting.  Everybody I think will improve as they get used to the track. And how good did the track look? I haven't seen it as smooth as that for a while!

Also, even though I am an old 'un, It was great to hear some music that wasn't from 50 years ago!

Great post - thoroughly agree. Great music from the new DJ (although some of my 'younger' group weren't to impressed with the music choices!)