British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Berwick 9th June 2021. Championship

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought you had to wear a mask until you food/drink comes..? 

No,as long as you are seated with your group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Don't know if one of these is suitable for your Wife Ray:t:

Full Face Visor - Anti Fog - Pack of 5 | LampsDirect.co.uk

That’s the common sense approach. Wear a visor if you have asthma or suffer lung issues. 

The rules inside the stadium have been laid down by the council, not the club. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s the common sense approach. Wear a visor if you have asthma or suffer lung issues. 

The rules inside the stadium have been laid down by the council, not the club. 

Everybody own personal choice in what they do 

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Fans haven't seen it yet! Lmao! 

Should've to added ..... at any time :D:D

Everyone wore masks all the time at Lynn and Ipswich ....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ray c said:

Everybody own personal choice in what they do 

Not when they are in somebody else’s establishment. Then you follow their rules. 

It’s certainly no big deal at all. At Eastbourne we had to wear masks at all times. No one was complaining.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not when they are in somebody else’s establishment. Then you follow their rules. 

It’s certainly no big deal at all. At Eastbourne we had to wear masks at all times. No one was complaining.

i meant whether you go or not 

• Like 1

To be fair I think the fact that all visitors to Poole Speedway/Stadium must wear a face mask inside the stadium is a distinct advantage for many!!:rofl::t:

With no bars or catering available for this first home meeting, for people of a certain age I would be more concerned as to which loos and how many are open!!!??;)

Edited by Skidder1

Well after the result at Leicester who knows what we’re capable of. Certainly should have had a point at least from there if not for machinery problems! 

• Like 2

At 12.10pm the website is still saying a minimum of two tickets, I thought single tickets were available from midday, anyone else having this problem?

14 minutes ago, Pirate Rich said:

At 12.10pm the website is still saying a minimum of two tickets, I thought single tickets were available from midday, anyone else having this problem?

It says on twitter account that you can get single tickets. Can you order over the phone? 

'East' (Main) Grandstand now sold out!!

Last few tickets available for Bends 1/2.

20 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Well after the result at Leicester who knows what we’re capable of. Certainly should have had a point at least from there if not for machinery problems! 

And also who we have at no1? 

52 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

While we have a strength in depth Team ,away from home we struggle in the big Heats 13.and 15..Getting point will be the best we can do at majority of Tracks.Leicester gave us a chance yesterday but we could not take it.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

While we have a strength in depth Team ,away from home we struggle in the big Heats 13.and 15..Getting point will be the best we can do at majority of Tracks.Leicester gave us a chance yesterday but we could not take it.

As I said, aside from machinery issues for NBJ then we would have taken the point at least which would have been a very pleasant shock... but still, to get as close and come away with nowt when it’s slipped by you in that manner hurts a bit! There will be more teams who take a worse defeat then us. Just think, if Aaron had scored what he did in 2019 and what he is capable of then it would be a very different story right now! 
anyways, sorry for the diversion on this thread. 10-12 point defeat for us I’d say!