Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Berwick 9th June 2021. Championship

Gapmaier is a complete waste of time away from berwick, the ultimate one track pony

Flint seems to be going places, would have liked Lynn to have got him as our number seven. 

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Well some of us wrote the heat scores down, so I knew what was going on! At least Poole are streaming, not every club is so just be thankful for that! First try at it so can only get better. 

It's not a first try, it's a professional production company!

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the meeting.

Very well organised regarding covid, although I still think its way over the top. The Poole management obviously burnt the midnight oil to organise everything. Well done on that.

First time this season that Ive seen our new team. Some work to do with Keleher and Hume to get them up and running. That said I thought Hume really got stuck in his last ride. The points will come.

Ive been a fan of Bickley for a few years. Smashing family too, always made me welcome when we meet up. Last night was probably the most polished performance Ive seen from him. Quick from the tapes, stylish and fast. Even though Flint scored more points, I thought Kyle was the best Berwick rider.

I went home with a big smile. Well organised entry and exit to the stadium. Poole won led by the impressive Steve Worrall and the big wow factor in Ben Cook .Kyle had a good meeting. Yep, one very satisfied supporter.

Oh and by the way, thanks SS for help with the tickets. Very much appreciated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Other stream viewers had no streaming issues whatsoever. There was no commentary for the first four heats snd no graphics but that would have required extra staff and the feed would have cost much more. General feedback was good with room for improvement. 

A frozen stream could well be caused by local internet provider. Last night a couple said they lost the stream while others said not a glitch all evening other than comms at the start. 

4 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I meant the clubs first go at streaming.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Other stream viewers had no streaming issues whatsoever. There was no commentary for the first four heats snd no graphics but that would have required extra staff and the feed would have cost much more. General feedback was good with room for improvement. 

A frozen stream could well be caused by local internet provider. Last night a couple said they lost the stream while others said not a glitch all evening other than comms at the start. 

It paused/froze a few times for about a second. That was it for me. But you get that on YT etc. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

It paused/froze a few times for about a second. That was it for me. But you get that on YT etc. 

All good until Heat 6 then never seen another race. But thanks to good old updates was able to keep an eye on the score.

I see the Berwick website match report calls Hans Andersen ‘a ringer’. The referee must have deemed his inclusion permissible and there has been no mention of a protest. Bad form from the Bandits in my view.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Normski said:

All good until Heat 6 then never seen another race. But thanks to good old updates was able to keep an eye on the score.

Oh no! For reference I have BT broadband and our hub box just got upgraded for that may have helped..! Idk. 

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh no! For reference I have BT broadband and our hub box just got upgraded for that may have helped..! Idk. 

These things happen Lisa get to see live stuff on Saturday lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

I see the Berwick website match report calls Hans Andersen ‘a ringer’. The referee must have deemed his inclusion permissible and there has been no mention of a protest. Bad form from the Bandits in my view.

To be honest I wouldn't take to much notice of any match report on the official site.

Heat 11 Aaron Summers took a tactical ride, came second behind Steve Worrell but no double points. What/ when/why does the points scoring differ between tac ride and tac sub and what is the difference between tac ride and tac sub?

26 minutes ago, christalan said:

Heat 11 Aaron Summers took a tactical ride, came second behind Steve Worrell but no double points. What/ when/why does the points scoring differ between tac ride and tac sub and what is the difference between tac ride and tac sub?

Somebody will correct me if wrong, as I'm not fully versed on the 2021 rules, but IIRC it's a tac sub ride is when a rider replaces another rider, but only gets the 'basic' pts (e.g 3 for a win), a tac ride is when a rider takes his own ride but points are doubled if he beats an opponent.  But as I say, this may have changed for 2021.

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Somebody will correct me if wrong, as I'm not fully versed on the 2021 rules, but IIRC it's a tac sub ride is when a rider replaces another rider, but only gets the 'basic' pts (e.g 3 for a win), a tac ride is when a rider takes his own ride but points are doubled if he beats an opponent.  But as I say, this may have changed for 2021.

I don’t believe the TR exists now, TS only, I can’t see it mentioned in the regulations (13.6.4). All match scores total 90 or less, which seems to confirm its demise.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Thanks 1