British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Haywood

Pride Month

32 minutes ago, Vince said:

People who take the knee aren't booed because they receive racial abuse but because they do so in support of a decidedly dubious movement, 

I think the difference has been explained umpteen  times , Southgate sort of did. again after Wednesday, but still people don’t, often I think for an agenda won’t accept it though

Here is one guy who tries to set it out

https://www.newtownbee.com/08202020/blm-organization-vs-blm-movement-a-semantic-trap/

I went to Brighton pride the last time it was on a couple of years ago, and was looking to go again this year if Warsaw GP got cancelled. As it is, both are cancelled now.

had a good time at pride though, was a great atmosphere even though I’m not light on my toes like most that attended, but trying to include it in speedway I think will go down like a lead balloon

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

There are disadvantaged people throughout society, whatever their racial background is. The gay community, for goodness sake, has been fully recognised over the years, including marriage, what else can the community want? TV and radio is well and truly represented by the gay community, probably on a percentage basis over 'straights', over represented. It's as though, if you are white, straight, middle-class you are now society's 'nouveau freaks'!  

Here’s one you’ll like Ray

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2021/06/04/delivery-driver-called-english-prick-by-scottish-boss-wins-race-case-14713632/amp/

22 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Why cant we have debate anymore?

Not supporting pride means your homophobic

Don't take the knee, your racist

Have different views on how to tackle Covid from the government, your a conspiracy theorist

Your not vegan, then you like to kill animals and don't want to stop climate change

There is only one view allowed now, and you need to support it without comment

I think you'll find that if you turn the TV/Radio off you'll find that the world is not such a bad place after all.

• Like 4

On 6/4/2021 at 10:42 PM, mucklechavvych said:

Why would anyone feel the need to have a "Straight Pride"?  really sad "what about me" garbage ..

Yes you're absolutely correct in my opinion, it would be "what about me?"

When I was at school 40 odd years ago I remember the girls protesting that the uniform code was sexist as they couldn't wear trousers and it was changed. So then all the boys turned up the next day wearing skirts. Did they really want to wear skirts? No. Did they do it because they were sexist and hate women? No. It was as you say, "what about me?" If it's been accepted that it's sexist for girls to have to wear skirts then it's sexist for boys to have to wear trousers, that was the point.

This is the same mentality where people are saying, we've indulged you in celebrating your sexuality, what about me? Sad maybe? But not right wing, homophobic etc. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iris123 said:

I don't think so, that flies in the face of the very point I and others on here are suggesting!