British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Witches v Stars 3rd June

So pleased to see Kerr scoring big, that's one lad that deserves a turn of fortune :cheers:

Ipswich losing to this King's Lynn side at home :lol: :lol:

36 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Tell and Baggy.. That makes 3 of us. Agree we need changes fast.BWD for Ty, might be one. Would probably still be 1.5 ish points under.I’m a bit worried  about Bridger on 4.20 ish tbh.

Put me down for the 4th spot. Never saw this coming in a million years.

Would take those team changes in a heartbeat.

Kept quiet when everyone was predicting a 60-30 drumming for tonight’s meeting, tonight’s meeting for me was entirely predictable tbh,

Heeps making mistakes early meeting throwing away points riding far too wide when the tracks dry and no dirt line built up yet - predictable

nicholls a 5 point rider past his prime scoring 4 points at no.1 - predictable

riders such as Jorgensen Kerr, lawson and riss continuing to score and ride the Foxhall track well as they have their entire careers - predictable

A witches team without klindt and now crump completely lacking gating prowess at the business end of the meeting - predictable

hawkins failing to tell his riders he wanted a 3-3 in heat 13 so they couldn’t use the tac sub in heat 14 and proctor having had 7 rides would’ve been the weaker reserve Kingsley in that race instead of lawson - predictable

kerr and lawson jumping out sharply for a 5-1 in heat 14 on the tac sub - predictable

i didn’t expect to lose tonight but I certainly couldn’t see the 60-30 people were predicting when they have riders that ride Foxhall well.

need to make a good addition pronto in Jordan’s place and desperately need better guests in crumps place than nicholls he’s just not reliably that level anymore and hasn’t been for sometime, would’ve been better to have ostergaard guest at 2 and r/r for crump tonight tbh

• Like 1

Just imagine if we hadn't have had a reserve as good as Anders has been. As soon as Klindt deal was over Lawson should have been in instead of Stewart,, if its a proper sport about winning. Also, instead of using someone like Scott,,, who is nowhere near enough to a number one,,, why didn't they offer Craig Cook 3 or 4 guarrented guest bookings, just in case Jason Crump takes longer to heal,, we are far better off using same guest if possible,, one that could possibly do the job. Anyway,, enough said from me, cos I'm getting angry,,, well done to the stars. 

• Like 1

Well done Lynn, kept hanging on in there. Been impressed with Richard Lawson ever since hearing him speak so well at the last ever Lakeside meeting, although handing him the opportunity for a tactical substitute ride in heat 14 probably helped tonight. Andres Rowe certainly saved it being worse.

Edited by Tactical Joker

I think we all know changes will be made. However with the additional travel restrictions getting in riders is going to be more difficult than ever. Added to that with all this doubling up theres going to be more injuries down the line and I don't think we will be the only team to suffer.

With all the ageing riders are they going to run out of steam? Pedersen being a prime example on monday.

Edited by TB1
Spelling

Didn't realise cam was taken to hospital with shoulder injury:unsure:

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Kept quiet when everyone was predicting a 60-30 drumming for tonight’s meeting, tonight’s meeting for me was entirely predictable tbh,

Heeps making mistakes early meeting throwing away points riding far too wide when the tracks dry and no dirt line built up yet - predictable

riders such as Jorgensen Kerr, lawson and riss continuing to score and ride the Foxhall track well as they have their entire careers - predictable

A witches team without klindt and now crump completely lacking gating prowess at the business end of the meeting - predictable

hawkins failing to tell his riders he wanted a 3-3 in heat 13 so they couldn’t use the tac sub in heat 14 and proctor having had 7 rides would’ve been the weaker reserve Kingsley in that race instead of lawson - predictable

kerr and lawson jumping out sharply for a 5-1 in heat 14 on the tac sub - predictable

i didn’t expect to lose tonight but I certainly couldn’t see the 60-30 people were predicting when they have riders that ride Foxhall well.

need to make a good addition pronto in Jordan’s place and desperately need better guests in crumps place than nicholls he’s just not reliably that level anymore and hasn’t been for sometime, would’ve been better to have ostergaard guest at 2 and r/r for crump tonight tbh

The points you lost replacing Crump with Nicholls as a Guest, was surely made up with the points gained from the Rider Replacement for Jordan Stewart, no way in the form that Stewart is on would he have got 9 paid 10 from 4 rides.

• Like 1

Very surprised Nicholls had an off meeting, he looked very quick for Peterborough on Monday; was chasing down Bewley on quite a few occasions.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

Just out of interest. Do the averages change differently in the Prem?? With Bridger riding at reserve for the 1st couple of meetings and then RR being used for him at 2 last night?? I know the NL it changes after 4 meetings. Is the prem done monthly or something like that?? 

Well done the Stars. Great result that proved me and all the doubters wrong. 

54 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

Just out of interest. Do the averages change differently in the Prem?? With Bridger riding at reserve for the 1st couple of meetings and then RR being used for him at 2 last night?? I know the NL it changes after 4 meetings. Is the prem done monthly or something like that?? 

Monthly, I'm pretty sure.

7 hours ago, Badge said:

Didn't realise cam was taken to hospital with shoulder injury:unsure:

Might not see him on the golf course this weekend then...

8 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Very easy to predict afterwards.If you had said all that before the meeting and it ended as it did I would have been asking you for the lotto numbers this weekend:wink:

Brilliant away win well done the Stars