British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yearbyred

Redcar v Birmingham 4th June KOC

First/Second leg of the KOC after Wednesday’s events.

Bears without Stewart (r/r) and Rowe (on international duty tomorrow) so Flint guests.

For Birmingham Grobauer is out so operating R/R.

Team changes probably weaken Redcar although the second strings have done pretty well so far and Flint has started the season well. R/R should help the Brummies, Castagna has had some success at Redcar previously.

Hopefully all goes well and it’s a good match. 

Edited by Yearbyred

Hope everyone will see a good competitive match which would make up for the unhappy events of last Wednesday. Would be good if both sets of supporters could put the problems of last Wednesday behind them and enjoy some really good racing. My best wishes to the two injured riders for a speedy recovery.

Result from Speedway Updates:

Redcar Bears : 46
1. Charles Wright - 2', 2, 3, 1, 0 = 8+1
2. Leon Flint (G) - 3, 2', 0, 2, 0 = 7+1
3. Michael Palm Toft - 3, 2, 3, 3, 1 = 12
4. Jordan Stewart - R/R (LF-2', JS-0, JJ-0, JA-3) = 5+1
5. Jake Allen - 3, 3, X, 0, 3 = 9
6. James Sarjeant - 3, 0, 1, Xt, 1, 0 = 5
7. Jordan Jenkins - 2', 1, 1', 0, 1 = 5+2
8. Alex Goldborough - Did Not Ride = 0

Birmingham Brummies : 44
1. Chris Harris - 1, 3, 3, 2', 2' = 11+2
2. Valetin Grobauer - R/R (PC-R, JS-1, PC-3, AM-2') = 6+1
3. James Shanes - 1, 1, 2, 2, 0 = 6
4. Ashley Morris - F, Fx, 1', 2', 1' = 4+3
5. Erik Riss - 2, 3, 2, 3, 3 = 13
6. Paco Castagna - R, 1, 1, 3, 1', 2, 2 = 10+1
7. Jack Thomas - 0, 0, 0 = 0
8. Luke Muff - Did Not Ride = 0

Cracking nights entertainment on an excellent racing surface.

Bears started like an absolute train and were 14 points up after 4 races but the Brummies fought back mostly due to the efforts of Riss and Harris.

Turning point was Heat 11 - Bears were on a 5-1 coming out of bend 4 lap 1 when Allen and Harris tangled and the Bears man was excluded. Sarjeant touched the tapes in the re-run and a 5-1 turned into a 1-5, an 8 point swing in one race.

After that two 5-1’s by Riss and Harris made it much closer than it ever looked like it was going to be.

As I thought R/R probably helped the Brummies as it brought in 6 points. Riss was exactly the rider he was for us, extremely quick if he gets in front on lap 1 and difficult to catch. Harris used all his experience to keep Wright and MPT at bay in Heats 13 and 15.

For the Bears, they are still a bit inconsistent. Charles can’t seem to get out of the gate as well as last year yet and is giving himself too much to do. MPT was good tonight and Allen won 3 races. Flint was very good but his rides and R/R brought in 12 points and Rowe/Stewart would hopefully have produced more. Reserves showing flashes too.

Some fantastic racing though - Allen and Wright in particular with stunning passes.

So that’s a 10 point aggregate win for the Bears and into the next round ....... ;)

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

Have to agree with Yerbs. Fantastic nights racing, on a superbly prepared track (well done Jonny Swales). Praise has to go to the Brummies team who fought back, after a tough start, like a lot of riders (probably all), they felt comfortable on the Redcar track and it showed in their performance. There really is no home advantage at Redcar and a lot of visiting riders, get a bounce effect, when they come to Redcar. Once again a great nights entertainment and fantastic value for the decent crowd. I don't know where this leaves us, with the tie situation, but I am sure it will be sorted eventually. I even think, some of the Brummies riders, would like a second leg at Redcar. Oh and just to say, on a red hot night, the water bowser, did not come out once.

• Like 1

There were four of us Brummies fans travelling up from the midlands to attend the meeting but due to traffic mayhem caused by a crash shutting the M1, out predicted arrival time of 17.45 turned into 20.30 and we were still in queueing  traffic !!! 
we diverted to Scunthorpe, arriving in the stadium literally as the riders were going to tapes for heat one.
It made it an expensive meeting as having booked online tickets for Redcar , we then had to pay to get into Scunthorpe!!!

It was a cracking meeting and Jordan Palin is an outstanding prospect. 

Would   rather have  seen the Redcar - Brummies match so  we’ll probably come up for league  match now and hope for better luck with the traffic, 

Edited by the hobbit

What a great meeting & that pass by Jake Allen in ht 14 was   on lap 3  was 1 of the best I've ever seen in my 40 + years of watching speedway 

Edited by Justgotmecpc

8 hours ago, the hobbit said:

due to traffic mayhem caused by a crash shutting the M1, out predicted arrival time of 17.45 turned into 20.30 and we were still in queueing  traffic !!! 

2021 - Forget Covid, it'll be the Year of Traffic Congestion :D

• Like 1

Shame that such a cracking meeting has so few posts.

Guess it’s the nature in most sports to highlight the bad (Wednesday night) over the good.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

What a great meeting & that pass by Jake Allen in ht 15 was   on lap 3  was 1 of the best I've ever seen in my 40 + years of watching speedway 

Allen wasn’t in heat 15.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Allen wasn’t in heat 15.

3 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Allen wasn’t in heat 15.

I've corrected it