British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue v Ipswich 7 June

Just now, Rob B said:

Yes it was mentioned once, not sure why David Rowe couldn’t give the Belle Vue score each time aswell. 

Maybe because he wasn`t asked too :)

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

Yes it was mentioned once, not sure why David Rowe couldn’t give the Belle Vue score each time aswell. 

Rob would you still be going to bell vue if it was still at the old bell vue, which was the same track and shape as wolves? Just a genuine question.  

7 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I'm reliably informed that there was a Wi-Fi problem at Wolves and Dave had no direct contact with them. Therefore he would assume that Nigel would still have done the BV updates. 

20 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Rob would you still be going to bell vue if it was still at the old bell vue, which was the same track and shape as wolves? Just a genuine question.  

yes he would, as would i, 

we are hardcore fools

45 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Yes of course I would, I’m not a big track snob now. I posted in the Wolves thread that Monmore use to be one of my favourite tracks but in the last 5 years or so it’s gone downhill. 

On 6/8/2021 at 3:15 PM, Rob B said:

Yes of course I would, I’m not a big track snob now. I posted in the Wolves thread that Monmore use to be one of my favourite tracks but in the last 5 years or so it’s gone downhill. 

Absolutely agree.

when we rode on Fridays, I would often go to Wolves on some Mondays... generally enjoyable racing.

in the recent past the quality of racing has been much reduced

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Absolutely agree.

when we rode on Fridays, I would often go to Wolves on some Mondays... generally enjoyable racing.

in the recent past the quality of racing has been much reduced

At Monmore I used to stand to next to a Belle Vue fan who lived in Stoke, so it was easy  to get to both tracks. When Hyde Road was open he was able to enjoy racing at two very different tracks.

When the Aces were at Kirky Lane, he preferred to come to Monmore. I don't see him any more so sadly I have to assume that he's passed away. 

A friend of mine who was at the NSS on Monday has just told me that he has just had the NHS  track & trace app message to say he has been in contact with someone with Covid, and must now self isolate.

He has only 'checked in' with the app at two places - the NSS and one other place -  and, as I haven't had the same message, we are assuming it will be from his visit elsewhere.

However, just to see if the app is working properly, has anyone who was at the NSS on Monday had such a message?

39 minutes ago, BarracudaAce said:

A friend of mine who was at the NSS on Monday has just told me that he has just had the NHS  track & trace app message to say he has been in contact with someone with Covid, and must now self isolate.

He has only 'checked in' with the app at two places - the NSS and one other place -  and, as I haven't had the same message, we are assuming it will be from his visit elsewhere.

However, just to see if the app is working properly, has anyone who was at the NSS on Monday had such a message?

It’s not just about places you have checked in. The app on phone is constantly monitoring who you have been close to, so if been close to someone eg on a bus or in a shop and they test positive few days later then you will get a notification. 

28 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It’s not just about places you have checked in. The app on phone is constantly monitoring who you have been close to, so if been close to someone eg on a bus or in a shop and they test positive few days later then you will get a notification. 

Is that right?  So the thing is constantly monitoring your movement?  If I turn off my phone presumably it can no longer do so, right?

Only asking as I got the 'ping' this morning and I've only checked in at the NSS on Monday. I've tested this morning and I'm negative but still have to isolate for 7 days. It suggests that I was near someone on Monday who subsequently tested positive so I have to isolate for the remainder of the mandatory 10 days.

I sit in Block D, Row D ahead of the starting gate.  Only consolation is my isolation will be over before the next home match.

Hope nobody else tests positive.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I don't think that is right . I believe that was originally intended but never happened due to technical issues

2 hours ago, coldace said:

Is that right?  So the thing is constantly monitoring your movement?  If I turn off my phone presumably it can no longer do so, right?

Only asking as I got the 'ping' this morning and I've only checked in at the NSS on Monday. I've tested this morning and I'm negative but still have to isolate for 7 days. It suggests that I was near someone on Monday who subsequently tested positive so I have to isolate for the remainder of the mandatory 10 days.

I sit in Block D, Row D ahead of the starting gate.  Only consolation is my isolation will be over before the next home match.

Hope nobody else tests positive.

Yes it uses Bluetooth to monitor who you are close to, think you have to be close to them for over 10 mins, so just waking past someone wouldn’t log etc. You can turn it off in the app, it’s called contact tracing.

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I don't think that is right . I believe that was originally intended but never happened due to technical issues

Incorrect, it’s the main way the app works using Bluetooth. It’s not going to be done by just checking in to a venue, as they not going to tell 1000 people to isolate as don’t know who been close to who. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nhs-covid-19-app-has-been-downloaded-over-10-million-times

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BarracudaAce said:

No message on my phone

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Yes it uses Bluetooth to monitor who you are close to, think you have to be close to them for over 10 mins, so just waking past someone wouldn’t log etc. You can turn it off in the app, it’s called contact tracing.

Thanks Rob.  I wondered how it worked.  I'm now doubtful as to whether the source was the NSS as the guys I sat with have had no similar notification.  

Must have come up against some dodgy person around Chorley where I live!