British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolves v Sheffield 7th June 2021

On 6/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, iainb said:

That's part of the problem isn't it, NOBODY knows how much it costs to run a meeting (not even the promoters seemingly). Nobody puts the numbers in the public domain, nobody knows what the attendance is at meetings, nobody knows what the capacity is at tracks. With Wolves going public with their losses, still not saying what they are, just "severe" whatever that means. It may help if they were a little more open, like I said in a previous post they should say what their break even admission price is with a limited unknown capacity

For me that’s irrelevant. Every track has a minimum limit they can go to. It’s clear the lowest limit for Wolves is extremely higher than the 750 that’s been quoted as a maximum so it’s no wonder the word ‘extreme’ has been mentioned.

Wolves are one of those tracks that you never get threats of closure or need to increase attendances with threats of closure so the facts it’s been mentioned is extremely worrying.

Hats off to those promoters who were prepared to risk losing money until things opened up again which would have been just over a month. The ludicrous extra sanctions put on clubs like Wolves (and Birmingham) have made it almost impossible to continue much after the 21st. It’s the local councils that are forcing these closures which is beyond barking mad.

I can see the UK leagues going on hold again until this nonsense of restrictions is fully lifted. Some clubs may never recover and this a direct result of their councils and the bs advise of experts advising the government. 
There is no credible science to NOT lift all restrictions on the 21st, and sports/leisure/entertainment/food and drink industries should know that it’s fine to carry on and NOT have to wait till the 14th for news. 
It’s beyond scandalous. 

• Like 1