British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

11.06.2021 - Scunthorpe v Newcastle

Looking at the photos on the scunny website of Friday's meeting T, 3 photos show him on GM's.

2 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Can anyone tell me, is food and drink on sale in the stadium?

Yes, in the clubhouse.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MrP said:

Probably be R/R unless they go for Jye Etheridge from Berwick. Not exactly a number 1 but like you say not much to play with for a number 1

And he's flying at the moment so that's a good shout

18 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Due to the shortage of riders for this Friday night fixture I can see Newcastle running with R/R rather than bringing in a guest for Ben Barker...

Regards 

THJ 

If that's the case then I would take Josh or Archie as a no. 8, just to cover any eventualities.

• Like 3

Has a guest or R/R been announced yet?

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

It will be R/R

Regards 

THJ 

Thanks... doesnt make for a great meeting unfortunately!! Can see a big Scunthorpe win here 

41 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Thanks... doesn't make for a great meeting unfortunately!! Can see a big Scunthorpe win here 

I would love to argue against that but unfortunately I think you are right... So I give in now... hopefully the lads put up a better fight...

Saying that they put a good effort in at Edinburgh away so who knows...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 2:40 PM, leander said:

If that's the case then I would take Josh or Archie as a no. 8, just to cover any eventualities.

I am surprised more teams have not done this over the years when r/r is used then end up with 5 riders(or less) & then moan. More so this year with more incidents attributed to the new Anlas tyres.

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I am surprised more teams have not done this over the years when r/r is used then end up with 5 riders(or less) & then moan. More so this year with more incidents attributed to the new Anlas tyres.

Oh and who do they get these tyres off?

Regards
THJ

Your no8 uses the r/r tyre( or has a wheel with it fitted) to be passed around, if required. It has now been decided to give each team 14 tyres(not 2 per man) up to this weekend. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

It has now been decided to give each team 14 tyres

Give? are they free? who do they usually buy these tyres off like? who is the sole UK distributor of these tyres?

Anyway there shouldn't be any problems with these tyre going forward now as all the square ones have been used up and the new round ones are coming with a tube of toothpaste to rub round the rim cos that is sure to stop the lumps dropping out of the middle of them? wont it?

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

I wondered why the laughing emoji as I read that 14 tyres had been offered to teams from Monday(bar Plymouth meeting who only got offered 11 each). Tyres were tested at the Peterborough v Kings Lynn meeting by 2 members of the SCB before & after races taking into account pressures, temperature & condition.

Just seen this though http://www.scbgb.co.uk/news.php?extend.109.1

Not a particularly attractive fixture,r/r for Ben Barker,Connor mountain heat leader? Max clegg at four,an ageing James wright against Palin and MC,donald.i think my money is on a very big home win.I would be very surprised otherwise.