British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

11.06.2021 - Scunthorpe v Newcastle

1 minute ago, Ryan555 said:

Would be interested to know people’s thoughts on Josh Macdonald  seemed to really struggle but think we will keep with him as there is no viable replacement 

Doesn't commit to the track looks poor when in traffic and can't ride the line he wants to . Having said that he is a trier and don't give up . Would sill drop him though at first opportunity 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Doesn't commit to the track looks poor when in traffic and can't ride the line he wants to . Having said that he is a trier and don't give up . Would sill drop him though at first opportunity 

Yeah have to agree when in the clear looks quite good. I know this is a bit on a if but or maybe but if Birmingham fully pull out wouldn’t mind Ashley Morris, rode for Scunny a couple of seasons I’m sure and that would be a hell of a strong reserve 

37 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

In addition Jorgensen and Aarnio looked terrific and Simon Lambert just gets better with age like a fine Italian wine! 

You obviously never seen Tero at Newcastle last week then & I am a Tero fan by the way but he was shocking at Newcastle last Sunday 

Jorgensen was very very good today!! Gutted for Roynon i just wish he could learn to settle but its not how he rides 

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

Pretty one way as suggested by the score line Connor mountain offered a little bit of resilience and so did Roynon however he looked loose and scary all night to be honest and eventually came in stuck in Heath 15 with a big crash that ended up with him all crossed up and crashing on the start and finish was a big crash and while he did eventually get up it looked like a possible broken collarbone I would say that he got off lightly considering how big it was to be honest 

A reckon it could be a broken metal plate for Adam as he's got nee bones left after all his smashes during his career..

38 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

A reckon it could be a broken metal plate for Adam as he's got nee bones left after all his smashes during his career..

Fingers crossed that it’s not too bad and he’s back on a bike soon. One of speedways nice guys.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

With those credentials would he have got the team place as a Brit? Nothing against Josh but sounds a bit like aussie reputation over actual ability?

4 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With those credentials would he have got the team place as a Brit? Nothing against Josh but sounds a bit like aussie reputation over actual ability?

You could be right but on the meetings I have seen this year ryan kinsley would of been a better option. Josh rode ok against Plymouth when track was slick but against Eastbourne and Newcastle when track was grippier he looked average at best. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

You could be right but on the meetings I have seen this year ryan kinsley would of been a better option. Josh rode ok against Plymouth when track was slick but against Eastbourne and Newcastle when track was grippier he looked average at best. 

When he was at sheffield his main problem was staying on the bike but he's a 100% trier and I think if you persevere with him he will be a good asset for you.steve Johnston was exactly the same when he first rode for us,very raw and couldn't stay on the bike but look what happened with him.you have to be patient.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Yeah I do think if we stood with Ryan Kinsley he would have come good this season progressing nicely speaking of Ryan Kinsley I feel for him a little wing thrown in at the deep end with Kings Lynn and now only riding in the national league he must be a bit annoyed ! 

Josh McDonald's performance at Shielfield las month was full of spectacular effort, his eventual heat victory was given warm applause from the home support

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Josh McDonald's performance at Shielfield las month was full of spectacular effort, his eventual heat victory was given warm applause from the home support

Yep I was there and in reality if he had been less spectacular he would of scored more :t:

I think he has potential. In my limited experience of the EWR, it does seem to be a tough track to find 100% consistency on for the home riders. Palin for e.g looked pretty average compared to last week meanwhile Jorgensen looked really on it this week.

Bit more stop/start last night as opposed to seven days previous. Newcastle I thought tried hard and there were some good races. I guess if they make it to tapes in 2022, this season will be seen as success, as will all clubs. Barker will make a difference but he isn’t the rider he was just under 10 years ago.

Robin

Edited by Robinh88

15 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Pretty one way as suggested by the score line Connor mountain offered a little bit of resilience and so did Roynon however he looked loose and scary all night to be honest and eventually came in stuck in Heath 15 with a big crash that ended up with him all crossed up and crashing on the start and finish was a big crash and while he did eventually get up it looked like a possible broken collarbone I would say that he got off lightly considering how big it was to be honest 

:unsure: Was you there last night as I saw, & the updates site says so, also, competitive racing from both teams with passing in probably 2/3rds of the heats by both teams as well. The result might say it was one sided, which many thought was expected, but that was an excellent show of speedway racing helped by the riders  wish for a bit more dirt, which also helped in keeping the moisture in with no evidence of dust. It just need the one, very rare nowadays at the EWR, of a remedial track grade. 

15 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Would be interested to know people’s thoughts on Josh Macdonald  seemed to really struggle but think we will keep with him as there is no viable replacement 

I have posted a few times of Josh MacDonald losing control & gifting points away probably by bike set up, control or over trying. Rob's programme notes, also, points to issues but he is up to speed so just need to persevere with him.

He had a spin of 4 or 5 laps after the meeting & looked more in control barring his last corner but saved it this time. Possibly the talk with Rob after his fall helped to make a few alterations.