British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

11.06.2021 - Scunthorpe v Newcastle

Just a mention to Lambert who was superb tonight using an engine bought from a top rider(you still have to set it up using other parts of your bike, though, & throttle control). For me, other riders performed well & the meeting was won but I would have given him his glory of a full maximum & not put him in heat 15. A lovely bit of banter between Lambert & Rob at the start line near the Roynon incident, after Lambert came over to check on Roynon's health, Lambert said he wanted a re-run to get another chance for his maximum & Rob replied with "must do better then". Brilliant. :lol:

• Like 1

Never been to the EW raceway before. Will definitely return, on a dry and sunny day the track was well prepared and not dusty! Made for good racing and more than one line.

Great facilities and the few folk I spoke to were very welcoming. Scunthorpe have a good product on offer there and should be very thankful. I have been to a number of tracks over the years and I have to say it holds up in comparison.

I’m a diamonds fan; I was impressed by Jorgensen and Lambert, I also think Palin has a huge future in the sport. His ride in heat two was impressive. Mountain looked decent and on the pace, it was a matter of time before Roynon crashed and I agree he looked loose at times; his style makes him look almost out of control. I hope he’s okay as it looked bad from my view point.

I thought Auty had a poor night, on a track he’s ridden since he was a lad.

Wishing you all the best for the season ahead….I’m hoping that the season doesn’t end early…..

Edited by Markone
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

:unsure: Was you there last night as I saw, & the updates site says so, also, competitive racing from both teams with passing in probably 2/3rds of the heats by both teams as well. The result might say it was one sided, which many thought was expected, but that was an excellent show of speedway racing helped by the riders  wish for a bit more dirt, which also helped in keeping the moisture in with no evidence of dust. It just need the one, very rare nowadays at the EWR, of a remedial track grade. 

I was there and I’m not at all suggesting it was bad racing Scunthorpe just looked faster and you felt it was if not when a Scunthorpe rider would make the pass which I’m pleased with being a Scunny fan !

Can someone enlighten me on why Newcastle used Archie Freeman No.8 in the first heat, was it because nobody from the main team wanted to ride so

early in the meeting.

9 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

Can someone enlighten me on why Newcastle used Archie Freeman No.8 in the first heat, was it because nobody from the main team wanted to ride so

early in the meeting.

I really wasn’t sure maybe just to give him a ride for the distance he travelled. But I do agree when they said he will be coming out as r/r you could hear a few chuckles in the crowd very much up against it ! 

17 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

early in the meeting.

Yip!!!

2 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

early in the meeting.

Just giving the lad a run out for traveling down had nothing to lose 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Gating tart said:

Just giving the lad a run out for traveling down had nothing to lose 

Apart from the meeting. That line would work if they used him in heat 13/15 when all was dead and buried but not heat 1! Shows no ambition to win from the off

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Apart from the meeting. That line would work if they used him in heat 13/15 when all was dead and buried but not heat 1! Shows no ambition to win from the off

Yes, but the TM is a realist.

• Like 1