British Speedway Forum
Hunters

EASTBOURNE V EDINBURGH June 12th

Another  blow with Lewy Kerr, Tom Brennan & Drew Kemp all out of this one.  Now it is a real Banana Skin 

Am I right that a guest gets an additional 5%  when replacing a home rider?

If so then Steve Worrell looks the perfect guest for Kerr,  if not then Paul Starke looks the only alternative after yesterdays meeting as there are so many Championship matches that day.

Brennan is virtually irreplaceable at the moment so probably have to go r/r. Having seen Jake Knight with a No 8 on his back in the parade yesterday and then doing some laps I would imagine he is going to replace Kemp.  If he is elligable why did they not use him at Scunthorpe it would have meant the difference between winning and losing I have no doubt.?.  

Edited by Hunters
wrong date

3 hours ago, Hunters said:

Another  blow with Lewy Kerr, Tom Brennan & Drew Kemp all out of this one.  Now it is a real Banana Skin 

Am I right that a guest gets an additional 5%  when replacing a home rider?

If so then Steve Worrell looks the perfect guest for Kerr,  if not then Paul Starke looks the only alternative after yesterdays meeting as there are so many Championship matches that day.

Brennan is virtually irreplaceable at the moment so probably have to go r/r. Having seen Jake Knight with a No 8 on his back in the parade yesterday and then doing some laps I would imagine he is going to replace Kemp.  If he is elligable why did they not use him at Scunthorpe it would have meant the difference between winning and losing I have no doubt.?.  

Starke would be inegible under 7 day rule. 

Knight said in speedway star a while he was going to do NDL only as got a really good job and not interested in Championship unless an incredibly good offer came along. 

Would imagine a Guest booking on a Saturday at home track would be perfect for him. 

Be very surprised if he wasn't asked for Scunthorpe by Eagles management

Interesting conclusion but over the Tannoy Jake said he was giving it a good go this year to get into the  Championship and that he was a self employed builder so he could ride when he wanted to. Or words to that effect.  

Jake probably couldn't justify the return on a trip to Scunthorpe, especially if he was part way through a building job, but Saturday/Sunday at his home track is a no brainer for him.

As has been said assume it'll be a guest for Lewi, and r/r for Tom, if we are to win, will certainly need an all round team effort ( Kennett to up his game) and a good/reliable guest.

Edited by gazzac

Lewis Kerr aiming to be back for the GP Qualifier at Glasgow on June 19th.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Lewis Kerr aiming to be back for the GP Qualifier at Glasgow on June 19th.

Assume it's up to date, but on Lewis Kerr Racing along side his x ray says he won't be fit for that meeting?

Edited by gazzac

Brennan and Kemp now available for this meeting with travel restrictions preventing them from getting to the World U21 qualifier.

Edited by eaglesno1

2 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

Brennan and Kemp now available for this meeting with travel restrictions preventing them from getting to the World U21 qualifier.

Feel sad for Tom and Drew their development over the last two years has really been hampered by things beyond their control yet still they have come on hand over fist.

Fortunate however for the Eagles as there really did not seem any way they could be compensated for with the loss of Lewi as well. 

Would still like to see Steve Worrell as a guest but suspect now that they will go r/r  giving Lawson and Brennan an extra ride along with Newman and Kemp. They could then move Brennan to No 4 and Kerr r/r  No2.

The Monarchs have a great top 3 particularly as Pickering seems to love Arlington but it could be a very difficult night for their bottom 4  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

That’s brilliant news for Eastbourne - made my day - off to Kent v Glasgow shortly and expecting good racing - hopefully Uncle Len will be putting down  more shale than in the past - no more blue grooves please :rolleyes:

Feel sad for Tom and Drew their development over the last two years has really been hampered by things beyond their control yet still they have come on hand over fist.

Fortunate however for the Eagles as there really did not seem any way they could be compensated for with the loss of Lewi as well. 

Would still like to see Steve Worrell as a guest but suspect now that they will go r/r  giving Lawson and Brennan an extra ride along with Newman and Kemp. They could then move Brennan to No 4 and Kerr r/r  No2.

The Monarchs have a great top 3 particularly as Pickering seems to love Arlington but it could be a very difficult night for their bottom 4  

I'd be very surprised if the r/r situation and riding order you've suggested isn't the way they will go with Jake Knight at No 8 incase of any further mishaps as a back up. 

I'd use R/R at 4. You have more options later in the meeting than 2 who is finished at Ht 10 at home & if the name an 8 I think Nathan Ablitt will get a shot

13 hours ago, Technik said:

I'd use R/R at 4. You have more options later in the meeting than 2 who is finished at Ht 10 at home & if the name an 8 I think Nathan Ablitt will get a shot

My reasoning is keep  Brennan out of heat  8 where he could be wasted and have that as Newman's r/r, He can handle that OK. It also makes Brennan the third heat leader which he certainly is and gives us a final push if we need it in heat 14.

• Like 1

My reasoning is keep  Brennan out of heat  8 where he could be wasted and have that as Newman's r/r, He can handle that OK. It also makes Brennan the third heat leader which he certainly is and gives us a final push if we need it in heat 14.

Well, Rr is at no 4