British Speedway Forum
Hunters

EASTBOURNE V EDINBURGH June 12th

Sensitive souls the lot of you ….. if you took a look at the line up for Gustrow it beggars belief that the League of Nations of riders in the meeting , including one from Argentina will be able to travel to Germany.Do you not agree.? 

Incidentally I would applaud any young rider who puts club before personal ambition .Would be a refreshing change , although in this instance apparently not the case.  There are far too many of these under “something or  other” meetings in ridiculously difficult locations. Could have been worse I suppose if they were drawn in the Daugavpils round.
Enjoy your meeting against the Monarchs, wherever your R/R rides sure you will register a good home win. 

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sensitive souls the lot of you ….. if you took a look at the line up for Gustrow it beggars belief that the League of Nations of riders in the meeting , including one from Argentina will be able to travel to Germany.Do you not agree.? 

Incidentally I would applaud any young rider who puts club before personal ambition .Would be a refreshing change , although in this instance apparently not the case.  There are far too many of these under “something or  other” meetings in ridiculously difficult locations. Could have been worse I suppose if they were drawn in the Daugavpils round.
Enjoy your meeting against the Monarchs, wherever your R/R rides sure you will register a good home win. 

Wish I was that confident but I rate their 3 heat leaders  the best in the CL at Arlington although it is Sam Masters first visit he is probably the best rider in the CL at present.

Everything may depend on which Eddie Kennett turns up. Barring accidents it should be knife edge stuff so I will go for a draw 45-45 with a particularly good 'racing' meeting.

I think Eddies only problem is the long lay off, he's stiff & his reactions are not yet at their prime, but I'm sure it's all going to come back soon. I expected the Eagles to be dominate at reserve this season. The injury to Kerr is a blow but it can be covered by R/R at home but I think a guest away would be the best option.

Masters has a wealth of experience & rides the tight Monmore track each week so I don't think there's much to scare him at Arlington.

It will be tight but I'll take a 4 point home win 

Drew Kemp out tonight due to 10 day isolation (Thanks to the track and trace app), Alfie Bowtell guests. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Drew Kemp out tonight due to 10 day isolation (Thanks to the track and trace app), Alfie Bowtell guests. 

Trying to understand this 10 day isolation as Anders Rowe, who appeared with Drew and Dan Gilkes, rode last night for Redcar at Glasgow - anyone help here please - :(

10 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Trying to understand this 10 day isolation as Anders Rowe, who appeared with Drew and Dan Gilkes, rode last night for Redcar at Glasgow - anyone help here please - :(

No nobody has a clue 

21 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

If its down to the app then Drew has been somewhere that has recorded a positive case no mention of having to isolate due to foreign travel 

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

If its down to the app then Drew has been somewhere that has recorded a positive case no mention of having to isolate due to foreign travel 

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thanks for that Sings - Just in the wrong place at the wrong time - We’ll just have to fight harder this evening - C’mon the Eagles! :mad:

3 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Thanks for that Sings - Just in the wrong place at the wrong time - We’ll just have to fight harder this evening - C’mon the Eagles! :mad:

I think the Eagles will be ok yes Masters might run riot, Worrall is going decent enough at the moment and pickering is always a threat but I fear the challenge ends there. Thomsen needs a couple of rides to get dialled in each time, Greaves has been average and Lawlor just back from mystery injury. Even with Kemp out and Ablitt probably stepping in i reckon the Eagles have enough. 

Could Eagles have used Jake Knight at reserve ???? 

19 hours ago, mmmmethanol said:

My god, you really hate Eastbourne don't you?

Never resist a dig, whilst never quite getting it right.

Old Bob was the same on the Lakeside forum, came across with a strange dislike of the club, its riders and management.

He comes across as bitter to the sport in general but I'm sure the old boy has a heart of gold if anybody ever meets him at a tract in the south east..

Eastbourne win BTW

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think the Eagles will be ok yes Masters might run riot, Worrall is going decent enough at the moment and pickering is always a threat but I fear the challenge ends there. Thomsen needs a couple of rides to get dialled in each time, Greaves has been average and Lawlor just back from mystery injury. Even with Kemp out and Ablitt probably stepping in i reckon the Eagles have enough. 

It was mentioned earlier that Alfie Bowtell guests instead of Drew - Expecting a really good show from Richard Lawson and just hope Eddie is in his grass track form - Got to be really positive from Heat one - :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hackett said:

Could Eagles have used Jake Knight at reserve ???? 

he was already at his work when he got the call to guest and couldn’t make it at short notice