British Speedway Forum
Hunters

EASTBOURNE V EDINBURGH June 12th

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Well, Rr is at no 4

Surely not if they change riding order with Kerr at 2.  The r/r is for rider not team positioin.

Or am I missing something?

28 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Surely not if they change riding order with Kerr at 2.  The r/r is for rider not team positioin.

Why would anyone change riding order 

Brennans been riding at 2 so he gets heat 8 

Kerrs been riding 4 so he gets heat 14.

Lot of teams doing this

Brennan can have RR in 14 and spread his rides. Could d also have 15 like Kerr does. 

If you put RR at 2 who go out in heat 1? It wouldn't be as strong as Brennan. 

3 hours ago, Hunters said:

Rr is for kerr in the no 4 position. Brennan remains at 2.

Think this may be closer than I originally thought.

Eagles toy 30.

I know over the years the R/R facility has been deployed at #2 for the most times. I have never been a fan of this as it is my belief that it cuts down the teams tactical options where a TS can only be used once but it can mean a rider can be used as the R/R & also as a TS if required for the facility. Kennett is the only one who can't take an R/R but if needed he could take a TS in place of Kerr (R/R). So using the facility at #3 or #4 offers better options later in the meeting than #2 who is packing up at the interval. 

On 6/9/2021 at 6:11 PM, HGould said:

Why would anyone change riding order 

Brennans been riding at 2 so he gets heat 8 

Kerrs been riding 4 so he gets heat 14.

Lot of teams doing this

Brennan can have RR in 14 and spread his rides. Could d also have 15 like Kerr does. 

If you put RR at 2 who go out in heat 1? It wouldn't be as strong as Brennan. 

Well another reason I would have changed order is that 3 and 4 are partners for three races which means the only time Newman can get his r/r in is heat 14 and I really don't fancy Newman and Edwards against Josh Pickering. As regards Heat 1 I would use Newman there.  It is up to Kennett as No 1 to do his job and Newman should handle Greaves. You have not got to win the match in heat one and it gets rid of one of your weaker r/r's whilst the opposition are working out the track.

Fun to be a team manger don't you think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunters said:

Well another reason I would have changed order is that 3 and 4 are partners for three races which means the only time Newman can get his r/r in is heat 14 and I really don't fancy Newman and Edwards against Josh Pickering. As regards Heat 1 I would use Newman there.  It is up to Kennett as No 1 to do his job and Newman should handle Greaves. You have not got to win the match in heat one and it gets rid of one of your weaker r/r's whilst the opposition are working out the track.

Fun to be a team manger don't you think?

Most home Teams give one of their reserves Heat1 if R/R is at 2  ,gives him the advantage to feel out the track before Ht 2.

Edited by Fromafar

The way it looks on the Eagles website does appear that the riding order is the same, ie rider replacement at 4. I think the management will have faith in Newman and Edwards ( probably Kemp as a reserve switch ) getting at worst a 3-3. To be honest think the match will be won by then with our strength in depth, even with no Lewi Kerr.

Edited by gazzac

I said earlier in week that RR would be at 4. I stand by that. The teams are in riding order on the club website

On 6/8/2021 at 2:08 PM, eaglesno1 said:

Brennan and Kemp now available for this meeting with travel restrictions preventing them from getting to the World U21 qualifier.

Mmmm....... putting club before individual ambition ?  

Gustrow is in Northern Germany just east of Hamburg. How many other riders have not manged to travel there I wonder ?? Is the meeting still going ahead. ?

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Gustrow is in Northern Germany just east of Hamburg. How many other riders have not manged to travel there I wonder ?? Is the meeting still going ahead. ?

Sure I read that Germany’s Covid restrictions mean anyone travelling from UK has to self isolate for 10 days on arrival, not sure where I read it though

9 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Sure I read that Germany’s Covid restrictions mean anyone travelling from UK has to self isolate for 10 days on arrival, not sure where I read it though

Taken from Gov website:-

"From 23 May the UK is designated as a virus variant area of concern, which means that you may only enter Germany from the UK if you are a German citizen, a resident or their spouse/partner/child under 18, or if you can invoke an urgent humanitarian reason such as an immediate family bereavement. No other travellers may enter Germany from the UK"

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

My god, you really hate Eastbourne don't you?

Never resist a dig, whilst never quite getting it right.

38 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What a fetid bore you are . 

11 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Fake news alert. Fake news.