British Speedway Forum
mikebaker

Glasgow v Redcar 11/04/2021

Think this one will be comfortable for the Tigers whilst the Bears appeared strong on paper they haven’t produced the expected score lines and with Stewart missing, who rode well at Glasgow, that puts a lot of pressure on the two Bears reserves. Wright and Allen yet to find consistency and Tigers are on fire all through the team so a 10-14 point home win for me.

4 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Think this one will be comfortable for the Tigers whilst the Bears appeared strong on paper they haven’t produced the expected score lines and with Stewart missing, who rode well at Glasgow, that puts a lot of pressure on the two Bears reserves. Wright and Allen yet to find consistency and Tigers are on fire all through the team so a 10-14 point home win for me.

Tough to argue with that assessment.

Extremely tough meeting for the Bears against the leagues in form team.

Hopefully the lads put up a good show and we have a safe and entertaining meeting.

13 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Anybody else having issues with the ‘ livestream’ ?

None at all.

Well apart from the result, I really enjoyed it.

The stream (although it went off briefly a couple of times) was excellent quality, decent commentary, interviews and a good production. Well done to Glasgow for  providing it.

Bears were never really in it but battled hard and were involved in some excellent races, Wright and Allen in particular. MPT started really slowly and whilst both of the reserves gave it their all they weren’t quite on the pace. Anders struggled and r/r only got 3 points so that tells it’s own tale.

Glasgow have an excellent, well balanced team and have a cracking reserve in Jensen so will win many more matches, home and away this year. Hume rode brilliantly at reserve too and was more than an adequate replacement for Jack Smith. 

Track got very slick and dusty at the end but there was some really good races. No disgrace to get beaten by Glasgow (we will do well to beat them at home) and will give some teams a proper hammering I’m sure. They look like the team to beat to me and as was said on commentary things seem to be falling nicely into place for them.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 3

Well thankfully that was a bit easier than I thought. Still think Redcar are a good team and will be there or thereabouts come the playoffs. 

On 6/10/2021 at 5:29 PM, Mr Blobby said:

Bears to upset the multi millionaires and take maximum points.

How did that one go Mr B.?

Just now, Heat Leader said:

How did that one go Mr B.?

Very good result for your guys tonight though

Brilliant first match to come back to, smooth entry into the stadium and facemasks not being required increased the whole experience. Couldnt understand why Redcar didnt use a reserve for the r/r ride in ht1 which would have freed up Rowe for ht8.

Wright and Allan were good as usual but them aside, Palm Toft was his usual lazy self and Sarj rode like he still had a Tigers race jacket on. He was pretty hard on Danyon Hume in ht12 who put in a good shift for a guest reserve. Ht13 looks like it will be a bit more tricky this season with Wells not keeping pace as the track changes. Lets stick a track around Glasgow Green next time and let everyone come in who wants to. Its an outrage IMO that this nonsense is still continuing.

17 minutes ago, MD said:

Brilliant first match to come back to, smooth entry into the stadium and facemasks not being required increased the whole experience. Couldnt understand why Redcar didnt use a reserve for the r/r ride in ht1 which would have freed up Rowe for ht8.

Wright and Allan were good as usual but them aside, Palm Toft was his usual lazy self and Sarj rode like he still had a Tigers race jacket on. He was pretty hard on Danyon Hume in ht12 who put in a good shift for a guest reserve. Ht13 looks like it will be a bit more tricky this season with Wells not keeping pace as the track changes. Lets stick a track around Glasgow Green next time and let everyone come in who wants to. Its an outrage IMO that this nonsense is still continuing.

Couldn’t agree more with your last sentence I like many other’s had to make do with the stream and whilst it is appreciated it is a distant second to being there in the flesh.

Unfortunately Herr Furher will continue with her policy of crippling the economy and deprive the majority of enjoying themselves it’s what she enjoys, telling people what they  are not allowed to do.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Anybody else having issues with the ‘ livestream’ ?

Mine cut off at heat 11………not a happy bunny……

2 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Mine cut off at heat 11………not a happy bunny……

I changed between player 1 and player 2 seemed to do the trick and had little problem.