British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Anlas Tyres

what tyres are being used in Poland?

what was the reason anlas was taken away from GPs part way through?

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 8:43 AM, arnieg said:

He's got ability on a bike, just not the ability to stay on one.

and when it comes to picking a fight with the pit wall he has zero ability, the flip side is he is a nice lad.

Always wondered whether the change in tyres was causing problems ... so many injured riders after a handful of meetings ....some could be put down to lack of track action for over 12 months ....

The riders spin the a*** off the back tyres when riding modern speedway on the slick tracks, so if they fall apart and overheat they ain't up to the job.

Speedway isnt alone in cocking up on tyre deals.... Formula 1 with its mega millions is no better with tyres disintegrating at 180mph.

Maybe they should shorten the races to 3 laps only  whilst this sorted out.

10 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I was in the pits at pboro on Monday and when proctor came in you couldn’t even put your hand on the tyre as it was so hot. They was taking the temperature of each tyre as the riders came in and proctors was some 13 degrees hotter than Lawsons when he came in, and there was massive cuts in them. I know it’s the same for everyone but I do kinda feel sorry for the lads risking their lives for our entertainment on these tyres that clearly are not suitable 

Not really risking their lives for our entertainment,,, risking their lives possibly,,, for our entertainment,, no 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Maybe they should shorten the races to 3 laps only  whilst this sorted out.

Come on, don't be silly. The solution is obvious. Pit stops after 2 laps. :P

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, False dawn said:

Come on, don't be silly. The solution is obvious. Pit stops after 2 laps. :P

And change tyres, of course. Could also refuel.

20 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

And change tyres, of course. Could also refuel.

And adjust chain.

24 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

And adjust chain.

I think we're on to something here...after all F1 bigs up the pit stops as exciting moments.

18 hours ago, bluebee said:

I would think if you get riders on your side with plenty of expert opinion from managers, mechanics etc, plus statistics on rider injuries then the manufacturers would be getting rather worried. The opposite could be considered as well: what if a rider or iders(s) grouped together and the case that they were being made to use dangerous equipment to pursue their livelihood, Manufacturers are scared witless by any possibility of a case being brought about negligence. With the tyre change rule being brought in there is obviously ample evidence of a shoddy product not fir for purpose. Someone should try asking Anlas if they are prepared for a serious accident to be proved dto be own to a disintegrating tyre made by them.

I don't think this issue can be swatted away. Lives and livelihoods are at risk if something isn't done.

Believe me, they are very busy trying to swat it away and hide it under the carpet. Rumour has it there's now a special Anlas Lubricant that must be used on the inside of the tyre when fitting to make all the problems go away. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried. If this lot had another brain cell they'd be a plant. 

• Like 2

Why is it whenever the BSPL negotiates a bulk contract designed to save money it seems to end up costing more? And what did happen to all those GTR engines?

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Not really risking their lives for our entertainment,,, risking their lives possibly,,, for our entertainment,, no 

I don't buy all this "for our entertainment" business, some will no doubt want to put a show on for fans, but don't kid yourself it's primarily about doing it for themselves. You can see that by how many riders willingly come round to acknowledge the fans after a race win or close race.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, stevehone said:

what tyres are being used in Poland?

what was the reason anlas was taken away from GPs part way through?

Poland use the Mitas tyre, what was used here previously.

The reason the Anlas was banned in GP’s was it was found to be too soft. It didn’t effect the GP riders as they use a new tyre for each ride pretty much but here a tyre is expected to do 5+ Heats they are not lasting. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Poland use the Mitas tyre, what was used here previously.

The reason the Anlas was banned in GP’s was it was found to be too soft. It didn’t effect the GP riders as they use a new tyre for each ride pretty much but here a tyre is expected to do 5+ Heats they are not lasting. 

Poland are using the Mitas and the 003 Anlas, the same tyre as we have here. Difference is obviously, yes each edge only does one race over there, same as they are now doing here with 2 tyres, bar heat 15

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't buy all this "for our entertainment" business, some will no doubt want to put a show on for fans, but don't kid yourself it's primarily about doing it for themselves. You can see that by how many riders willingly come round to acknowledge the fans after a race win or close race.

Ask them to ride for free...

Then see how many 'ride for our entertainment'.....:D

Every current and ex rider I have ever spoken with talk about a) the money, b) the adrenaline rush, and c, (some not all) the (ahem) 'fringe benefits' of being a Speedway rider.. (more a 70's and 80's thing I think)..;)

• Like 1