British Speedway Forum
blueherb777

Kent Kings v Glasgow Tigers 8/6/21 @6.30 pm

At last Kings first meeting in a higher tier.

R/R for Heeps and young Mulford at No 8.

Going to be a tough meeting,both teams with riders who`s form at the moment is patchy.

My heart says 48-42...but my head says 43-47! :D

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message that includes your mobile number.

Thanks

4 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

At last Kings first meeting in a higher tier.

R/R for Heeps and young Mulford at No 8.

Going to be a tough meeting,both teams with riders who`s form at the moment is patchy.

My heart says 48-42...but my head says 43-47! :D

With a rider missing and no practice on their own track, Kings are up against it. Glasgow are a known quantity as a top team and I expect

them to win.  But I don't care...At last we are getting our weekly fix.

Can't see anything other than an Away Win.

Only advantage Kent have is their Home Track which a few of the Kent Team (especially the reserves) know well with it's strange off cambers and the ability of Len to water the blue groove at every opportunity, as us Brummies found a few times in NDL.

Kent will do well to get within 10 points of the Glasgow machine. Tac subs and reserve rides will no doubt keep them in it.

Once Gilkes steps in to top 5 and Hurry down to reserve it'll be an even bigger struggle.

No doubt Len will be counting the coppers though with the positive "first season" vibe.

Hopefully for the benefit of the Sport the dreaded curfew won't be an issue. 

Glasgow away win here I feel! 

Given his early season form, would not Anders Rowe, with his familiarity with the track, been a sensible choice of guest for the injured Cam rather than R/R?

4 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

Given his early season form, would not Anders Rowe, with his familiarity with the track, been a sensible choice of guest for the injured Cam rather than R/R?

Stupid rule that prevents guest when only one rider missing as you make a good point. Looks a tough night for Kent i fear. Oystercard and Jenson are in good form (disappointed i won't be going to see him), Cook is perking up and Nicol is certainly no slouch. For the Kings Nicholls is in up and down form, Starke is starting to perk up but Bacon's hurty shoulder must be a concern. I hope that there is some decent racing on show tonight and the track changes have been positive. 

10 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

You can only have a guest for your no.1 or a guest if you have 2 riders out, with 1 guest and 1 R/R

No track advantage for either side with little practice for the Kings riders to “dial themselves in” whatever that means. Will be dry slick and dusty after a very hot day . Will be a surprise if Kent manage a win. 

48 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

You can only have a guest for your no.1 or a guest if you have 2 riders out, with 1 guest and 1 R/R

Kent ran with 2 guests at Eastbourne on Sunday. Heeps and Gilkes were missing.

10 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Kent ran with 2 guests at Eastbourne on Sunday. Heeps and Gilkes were missing.

Apologies according to the rule book its now absent rider 1-3 by MA Guest or RR.

In reality there are limited useful guests around Heeps average +5%. Summers & NBJ already riding, S Worrall has a match tomorrow, Kerr and Howarth injured. Rowe matches Thurs and Friday already.

Im guessing cost plus limited options means RR and giving home riders extra laps is the preferred choice. 

R/R would have been beneficial at Eastbourne and we need all our riders to get as many laps as possible after the council refused to allow the team any practice and that leaves us with no home advantage against a very strong Glasgow side..so lets just hope for a good competative meeting..and hope our team can get dialled in quickly tonight...

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Stupid rule that prevents guest when only one rider missing as you make a good point. Looks a tough night for Kent i fear. Oystercard and Jenson are in good form (disappointed i won't be going to see him), Cook is perking up and Nicol is certainly no slouch. For the Kings Nicholls is in up and down form, Starke is starting to perk up but Bacon's hurty shoulder must be a concern. I hope that there is some decent racing on show tonight and the track changes have been positive. 

Can't get my head around this rule . Berwick rode against Scunthorpe the other week,m who had a rider missing through injury Josh Auty and they replaced him with Jake Allen as a guest