British Speedway Forum
blueherb777

Kent Kings v Glasgow Tigers 8/6/21 @6.30 pm

40 minutes ago, Hunters said:

I see Scottie had  7 rides with 2 Tac Subs I thought you could only have  1 Sub per rider?

One tac sub  and one r/r

Edited by arnieg

40 minutes ago, Hunters said:

I see Scottie had  7 rides with 2 Tac Subs I thought you could only have  1 Sub per rider?

RR in Ht 4, TS in Ht 12 and Ht 15 plus his four programmed rides.

44 minutes ago, Hunters said:

One R/R ride.

One Tac Sub ride.

One Heat 15 nominated race ride.

Four programmed rides.

just seen the reply above as I posted this.

Edited by Gazc

My first visit to Kent Kings and I'll certainly be going again - friendly enthusiastic support, great main stand which will be even better after the Covid restrictions are dropped and some enjoyable racing. 

The track was heavy at the start and some riders seemed nervous on the bends in particular, which contributed to the nasty crash in Heat 2. The class of Glasgow told in the end, but if Scott Nicholls had some back-up from Heeps as planned I think the result could have been closer.

I gather the 'Munchkings' are well looked after in normal times which can only bode well for the future. Promotions on the up like this should get all the encouragement they need and deserve, when there are so many stories of doom in British speedway at the moment!

Edited by glenantony
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, glenantony said:

My first visit to Kent Kings and I'll certainly be going again - friendly enthusiastic support, great main stand which will be even better after the Covid restrictions are dropped and some enjoyable racing. 

The track was heavy at the start and some riders seemed nervous on the bends in particular, which contributed to the nasty crash in Heat 2. The class of Glasgow told in the end, but if Scott Nicholls had some back-up from Heeps as planned I think the result could have been closer.

I gather the 'Munchkings' are well looked after in normal times which can only bode well for the future. Promotions on the up like this should get all the encouragement they need and deserve, when there are so many stories of doom in British speedway at the moment!

Very nice comments from glenantony about his first visit to Kent.  Very similar experience which I had when visiting as a Hammers fan a few years back, and the reason

I have become a Kings follower now that the Hammers are no more. The Kings will suffer while Cameron Heeps is missing, but, as I have said before, this year, the

results are less important.  Just want to get our weekly dose of racing.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 1:35 PM, Normski said:

Can't get my head around this rule . Berwick rode against Scunthorpe the other week,m who had a rider missing through injury Josh Auty and they replaced him with Jake Allen as a guest

Josh Auty is our no1 so a guest is ok, even with the older rule.