British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kelvinht

Masks or no masks

2 hours ago, Badge said:

In answer to wearing masks on terraces, sadly it's a prerequisite of Ipswich council and we have to abide by the ruling to be able to run meetings,  and trust me they are in attendance checking.

Do Ipswich council make you wear a mask walking down the High Street too?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not sure we needed to know about your knackers when you went for a pee :D

I can assure you that I've never been to Wolverhampton or any bogs within it. Bad choice of word in the circumstances. Must try harder :)

15 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

I can assure you that I've never been to Wolverhampton or any bogs within it. Bad choice of word in the circumstances. Must try harder :)

in the what!!....oh circumstances.....

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

No idea don't frequent the place, sorry. 

I went to Belle Vue v Peterborough and you wore a mask entering the stadium and going to the bar and food van but you never had to wear it sat in your seat…seats were pretty booked and distanced anyway with ticks showing the sold seats. So no issue there.

Edited by Bruiser

4 hours ago, Rob B said:

Of course not. Wearing a mask is daft if outside and socially distanced but I can understand that when standing on the terraces, social distancing is difficult to enforce. I think someone from the council must've been there against Lynn because the stewards were much more directive and there were several PA announcements too. I'd rather comply to help the club than moan about it. 2000 fans is a decent crowd. 

• Thanks 1

To be honest if you are worried about the mask situation  at your home track just stay at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just do what you've got to do mask wise!  I've been wearing a mask for 7 hours a day at work for all the time we've had to wear them, you do what you have to do for everyone else's sake!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Football Covid must be different when the Euro fanzones can have up to 6000 people attending.

Edited by topaz325

On 6/8/2021 at 12:59 PM, Badge said:

In answer to wearing masks on terraces, sadly it's a prerequisite of Ipswich council and we have to abide by the ruling to be able to run meetings,  and trust me they are in attendance checking.

Councils are weird.  I guess they haven't worked out once people are in place, there's zero risk of spreading the virus when socially distanced in an outdoor setting. Of the five tracks I've attended this season, three required a mask to be worn if you were moving about then you could take it off once settled and the other two only required a mask if you went inside to order food, etc.

I probably won't go to Ipswich or King's Lynn until the restrictions are removed, because I start to feel a bit dizzy if I have a mask on for too long. I realise there's nothing the promotions could do and it's just the ignorance of the councils involved.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

I think some councils see sporting events as a risk due to the possibility of the fans getting excited and shouting, which can then transmit the virus into the air...

Obviously it would appear that a fair few councils haven't ever been to watch the Speedway served up at some of their local tracks...:D

Edit: Just had a brain wave actually....

The clubs could invite the local council leaders to a meeting and let them observe it...

At the end of it the promoter could then say....

"See? No one shouted. No one cheered. And no one even moved their camping chair by so much as even one millimetre. In fact, the only time the crowd got excited was when we announced that the Bovril in the catering van was ready and that they could come and fill their flasks"....

No masks the week after guaranteed.. ;)

Reading reports from some Tracks I don't think the Councils are waiting to be invited, they are attending and monitoring closely.

I suppose it depends how big Speedway is in that Area in terms of other Sports going on, to some it will be a very minor crowd / event, (Brummies in Birmingham the 2nd City; Glasgow and Edinburgh in relation to their size and Belle Vue in relation to Manchester another City as an example, ) in others it will be a major event (Kings Lynn, Berwick and Eastbourne as an example) so the focus of the Council may be determined by their size and the importance of Speedway to the Town or Area.

It also depends on who the stadium landlords are and whether they want the sport to continue or  prefer to develop it for housing?!

On 6/9/2021 at 1:38 PM, lucifer sam said:

Councils are weird.  I guess they haven't worked out once people are in place, there's zero risk of spreading the virus when socially distanced in an outdoor setting. Of the five tracks I've attended this season, three required a mask to be worn if you were moving about then you could take it off once settled and the other two only required a mask if you went inside to order food, etc.

I probably won't go to Ipswich or King's Lynn until the restrictions are removed, because I start to feel a bit dizzy if I have a mask on for too long. I realise there's nothing the promotions could do and it's just the ignorance of the councils involved.  

I've seen people at King's Lynn wearing those clear face shields instead of the masks. Might help you.

Medworx Face Shield (toolstation.com)

Been to snetterton to watch touring cars. Didn’t need to wear a mask at any time which was great. Same at a local motorcross a couple of weeks ago. Yet at Ipswich speedway I have to wear a mask at all times. 
very strange but I’m happy to comply if it means I can go to speedway.