British Speedway Forum
Bandits4eva

Plymouth vs Berwick CH 08/06/21

God I bet you feel stupid after this idiotic post pedersen not championship standard bowtell scoring 13 points 4,- 5-1s in the last 4 races and a 12 point win what more do you want get back in your box.

Standard Berwick away, in the meeting until the closing stages and then collapse, we don't have riders who are capable of winning heats thirteen and fifteen on a regular bases in tight meetings. 

• Like 1

Jakobson was very impressive in his first 2 rides so was summers and etheridge then when Jacobsen went under the air fence he wasn’t the same after that ,summers night changed for the worse when our reserve beat him,and etheridge had a nasty off as well,  I like young flint and bickley but they were quite subdued last night,I do fear for you at Poole tonight though good luck.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Standard Berwick away, in the meeting until the closing stages and then collapse, we don't have riders who are capable of winning heats thirteen and fifteen on a regular bases in tight meetings. 

Fantastic turn around by Plymouth (manager) was a great help in doing this.

A night of two half's! once again two very good guest riders, when they started  attacking the track and getting out of the gate ,what a turn around, did not see this coming.

Just one point from me quite a lot of fine dust flying around, difficult to see bend three from bend one at times.

But a first class night of speedway (well done).

Bowtell may finally have found a home track he likes. Edwards is a fast developing prospect. Flint probably needs a season at somewhere like Plymouth (Edinburgh may be more suitable geographically) to develop his small track skills. Bickley will never be anything more than a CL reserve with a lot of stickers on his bike and van.

Good choice of Guests for Plymouth again, they seem to have some links with Eastbourne management , Atkins and Andrews going one way for NDL and some lending of Guests the other way..

Plymouth wont be a soft touch at home and that will generate a lot of local interest and they now have the whole of the South West to exploit crowd wise.

Great work by Mark Phillips and Mattie Bates 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lewy said:

No they shouldn't they gave it their all,loads of effort and commitment particularly impressed with their team spirit takes 2 teams to serve up a good meeting and this was a great night of racing and speedway was the biggest winner a great advert for the sport. Well done to everyone involved from both teams. :t:

Effort and commitment doesn’t win you anything, that should be a given. That Plymouth side is horrific, thats why Berwick should be embarrassed by the result. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lewy said:

No they shouldn't they gave it their all,loads of effort and commitment particularly impressed with their team spirit takes 2 teams to serve up a good meeting and this was a great night of racing and speedway was the biggest winner a great advert for the sport. Well done to everyone involved from both teams. :t:

Entertainment is what it is about.:cheers:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, emilali said:

Effort and commitment doesn’t win you anything, that should be a given. That Plymouth side is horrific, thats why Berwick should be embarrassed by the result. 

You should be embarrassed by this post Lawson.pedersen,Bowtell Edwards,cook,Ruml there horrific are they apart from Goret they all hit there averages what more do you want your a joke posting that and it seems very bitter and twisted.we come into the league late so we had to make do this season slagging young lads bar pedersen and to a lesser. Extent Lawson last night makes a nonsense of what you say best team won on the night good racing end of what do you want 70-20 score lines get behind the young lads don’t slaughter them because be careful if they walk away from the sport because of individuals like you ,myself and you won’t have a sport to watch.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, emilali said:

Berwick should be utterly embarrassed by that result against that Plymouth side. 

I think Berwick should be proud of their efforts. Until the interval they were well in the match, yes heats 13 & 15 will always be a weakness but Summers had been going well until that point. heats 12 & 14 did the damage where the lower end really stepped up for Plymouth, take a bow Bowtell and turned the match around for the home side. Sadly lots of effort for Berwick with no reward but nothing to be embarrassed about.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

You should be embarrassed by this post Lawson.pedersen,Bowtell Edwards,cook,Ruml there horrific are they apart from Goret they all hit there averages what more do you want your a joke posting that and it seems very bitter and twisted.we come into the league late so we had to make do this season slagging young lads bar pedersen and to a lesser. Extent Lawson last night makes a nonsense of what you say best team won on the night good racing end of what do you want 70-20 score lines get behind the young lads don’t slaughter them because be careful if they walk away from the sport because of individuals like you ,myself and you won’t have a sport to watch.

It’s the truth, your side was built late, and is horrific, Berwick want to be ashamed of that collapse. You had 2 good guests making you much stronger, and even still we should of beat you, our ‘number 1’ Summers getting beat off Bowtell when it matters who has been a championship 3 pointer for years, Aaron’s already off the number 1 spot, and is still letting us down, yet we sign him up, and sign him up, at least Gappmaier’s scored a few points at both away meetings, makes a change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think Berwick should be proud of their efforts. Until the interval they were well in the match, yes heats 13 & 15 will always be a weakness but Summers had been going well until that point. heats 12 & 14 did the damage where the lower end really stepped up for Plymouth, take a bow Bowtell and turned the match around for the home side. Sadly lots of effort for Berwick with no reward but nothing to be embarrassed about.

Everywhere we go we’ll be in with a shout until after the interval, thats how a strength in depth team works away from home, except we don’t have a strength in depth team, we have a good rising star, 2 more reserves going nowhere, one of them not even in the continent yet, a rider who only does well at home and 3 6/7 pointers, no one to win these meetings, we fall short constantly and have done for years with the same team

A few exceptions, but largely gate n go. Gating was paramount. The scores from gate positions tells its own story. When Plymouth had 1&3, they out scored Berwick by 26-16. Berwick outscored Plymouth by 22-20. Then of course a Plymouth 5-1 in Ht15.

Having your 2 best riders come off on the first turn, didnt help. NBJ ended up under air fence twice while Etheridge had a nastier looking fall. You could see that they both didnt look as fast in their remaining rides. I thought Jye had been brought off.

Dont know where Bowtell got his form from. Never seen that from him before, at this level. Flint was largely anonymous, apart from one blinding start. Bickley was at least on the pace and gave Pedersen a run for his money. Although looking over his shoulder one way, while BP went the other wasnt a good look.. If he could get out of the starts the points will be there.

I think Plymouth need to be a little worried, tbh. The 'big two' only won 3 races between them last night. Bowtell isnt going to score like that every week and he won 3 races on his own! Unless at least one rider steps up each week, its going to be a problem.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Everywhere we go we’ll be in with a shout until after the interval, thats how a strength in depth team works away from home, except we don’t have a strength in depth team, we have a good rising star, 2 more reserves going nowhere, one of them not even in the continent yet, a rider who only does well at home and 3 6/7 pointers, no one to win these meetings, we fall short constantly and have done for years with the same team

Not saying that it won't be the first or last time Berwick get done away from home, given the team assembled i thought they did well to keep it close for as long as they did. I do get that Plymouth are certainly not the side to be feared and the engine room must be a real concern with 3 passengers. That said Berwick have been calling a lot of shots over two leagues and if they are still struggling then yes the decision making has to be questioned.

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Why should I be embarrassed by my post? Plymouths team is rubbish, the table will reflect that come the end of the season. I’m certainly not bitter and twisted at all I was just passing an opinion which seems to have been agreed with by several other posters. Just in case you aren’t aware, Lawson and Edwards aren’t Plymouth riders.