British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny KoC 2nd Leg 12/06/21

Looks like a bit of a dead rubber this one, but the weather forecast is good so I've got my ticket (including booking fee) and will be there to hopefully see some good racing.

Unless there's some weird teams I can see the only excitement here being whether they can beat the sun going down and get it done before any delay is needed.

• Like 1

have my tickets from the called off Edinburgh match and want to go this one. Told they would be valid but what happens if number limit is reached. Don't want an hour's drive to be turned away again.

coming up for this all being well.... its a night out init... hope the chippys still good

Do you not have a decent chippy in Scunny lol

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Do you not have a decent chippy in Scunny lol

honestly bro, not really

4 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

honestly bro, not really

Market Hill Fisheries  Winterton- one of the best in the country according to Telegraph.:)

Upton chippy south of Gainsborough serves chips & fish cooked in beef dripping but only open Friday evening & Saturday dinner. People travel for miles just to eat on the benches & grass bank opposite.

Carvers (since 2020), Shaun's, Beechway & Markhams in Messingham are probably some of the best locally.

On 6/8/2021 at 6:10 PM, bluebee said:

have my tickets from the called off Edinburgh match and want to go this one. Told they would be valid but what happens if number limit is reached. Don't want an hour's drive to be turned away again.

Can you get there earlier then usually do?

9 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Carvers (since 2020), Shaun's, Beechway & Markhams in Messingham are probably some of the best locally.

I can vouch for markhams in messingham top quality !!

Leicester. the Whitby of the Midlands!

Got a reply from Leicester (Linda in their office is certainly on the ball when it comes to queries) and should be no problem using my postponed tickets. Looking forward to the match but probably won't have time for fish and chips. Beginning to think I should do a grand tour of Leicester chippies after all the recommendations. Should be obligatory for all tracks I think. M ust start a thread and get it pinned.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluebee said:

Leicester. the Whitby of the Midlands!

Got a reply from Leicester (Linda in their office is certainly on the ball when it comes to queries) and should be no problem using my postponed tickets. Looking forward to the match but probably won't have time for fish and chips. Beginning to think I should do a grand tour of Leicester chippies after all the recommendations. Should be obligatory for all tracks I think. M ust start a thread and get it pinned.

Glad you got a reply.  I've emailed twice and there has been no response.  

Anybody any ideas on team line ups for this one, not mentioned on either clubs website... Seems like they almost can't be bothered lol