Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny KoC 2nd Leg 12/06/21

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

2 full teams, can't see anything other than Leicester progressing.

I wonder what the thinking behind not allowing tac subs in cup matches is? Is it just having it different for being different's sake?

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

2 full teams, can't see anything other than Leicester progressing.

I wonder what the thinking behind not allowing tac subs in cup matches is? Is it just having it different for being different's sake?

Maybe because it’s over two legs and therefore both teams theoretically get home advantage for half the tie each…

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Maybe because it’s over two legs and therefore both teams theoretically get home advantage for half the tie each…

Just seems to be too restrictive to me, the team manager may as well stay at home.

If they'd wanted to be a bit more innovative with a different competition they could have made the top 5 ride at whatever number the manager decides, home team to declare first

Hope you all had double chips!

Think the Scunny boys deserve some respect because not many teams will go to Leicester this season and make 40 points fair play the lads Simon Lambert seems to be solid along with Jorgensen and Aarnio think a lot and me included predicted a bigger thrashing tonight 

Hope that Josh Auty is OK. The crash in heat 11 didn't look good.

Unfortunately had to leave early when it was clear there was going to be a delay waiting for an ambulance. The risers made a good effort but the track was so dry and dusty.  Surely the weather was clearly going to to be hot so why wasn't the track watered more extensively before the start?

Feel really sorry for Josh Bates. After watching him on TV for Sheffield he had another nightmare of a meeting. He is clearly trying - in fact, he's trying too hard. He clearly needs support as his confidence is shot. I worry about a rider who is so desperate - he's going to be impetuous and put himself at risk.

26 minutes ago, bluebee said:

He's going to be impetuous and put himself at risk.

... And others

• Like 3

Firstly, I sent my best wishes to Josh Auty, and hope any injury sustained isn't major..

Racing got better as the night went on... track prep in hot hot weather must be difficult, well done to the lions track staff...

Scorpions did themselfs proud tonight, not many teams will get 40+ at the lions den

oh, the chippy was quality too

Edited by ScunnyDan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

... And others 

Indeed  that is a possibility. But it will be himself that he'll put at risk first.  He's still young and I remember the promise he showed when I first saw him a Coventry. I don't want to see another rider lost to the sport. Support rather than criticism is clearly required.

Back to the track. It was one of the dustiest I've seen for a long time. It needed more water than it was given - even during the meeting. I know track prep   can be difficult but weather conditions were not changeable or difficult to predict. Leicester simply got it wrong on this occasion.

1 hour ago, bluebee said:

Feel really sorry for Josh Bates. After watching him on TV for Sheffield he had another nightmare of a meeting. He is clearly trying - in fact, he's trying too hard. He clearly needs support as his confidence is shot. I worry about a rider who is so desperate - he's going to be impetuous and put himself at risk.

I doubt if his confidence is shot. He has been desperate and dangerous for years.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Think the Scunny boys deserve some respect because not many teams will go to Leicester this season and make 40 points fair play the lads Simon Lambert seems to be solid along with Jorgensen and Aarnio think a lot and me included predicted a bigger thrashing tonight 

Berwick managed 41, we’re pish

• Like 1

Dusty track, no contest, long delays due to inadequate medical cover and track grading, track still showing signs of big holes in it just like in 2019, 15 minutes racing crammed into 2 and a half hours and there would have been a sun delay if it wasn't for Auty's crash... and all for £17 + £1 booking fee... :D

But on this occasion I didn't really care, it was just good to be out on a beautiful summers evening watching some Speedway at my local track. Thompson twins impressed me again, Bates was comical at times trying to stay on his bike, sometimes succeeding other times not, if he's not retired by then, surely he'll be at reserve soon?

10 hours ago, bluebee said:

Indeed  that is a possibility. But it will be himself that he'll put at risk first.  He's still young and I remember the promise he showed when I first saw him a Coventry. I don't want to see another rider lost to the sport. Support rather than criticism is clearly required.

Back to the track. It was one of the dustiest I've seen for a long time. It needed more water than it was given - even during the meeting. I know track prep   can be difficult but weather conditions were not changeable or difficult to predict. Leicester simply got it wrong on this occasion.

It was watered thoroughly before the meeting: I saw it being done.

3 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

It was watered thoroughly before the meeting: I saw it being done.

Well it sounds like it needed to be done throughout like Rob did at Scunthorpe on Friday night !