British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Ipswich vs pboro 10/7/21

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So whats the outcome of does it or doesn't it all work and fit??? Or has absolutely no one asked a question? 

Ipswich have stated Craig Cook's average as 7.59 and Paul Starke's as 4.27 which gives a team total of 35.41. Chris Louis is a shrewd Promoter, and also a Director of BSPL, so I suggest the Green Sheet will show those figures.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Ipswich have stated Craig Cook's average as 7.59 and Paul Starke's as 4.27 which gives a team total of 35.41. Chris Louis is a shrewd Promoter, and also a Director of BSPL, so I suggest the Green Sheet will show those figures.

Plus the experience of sacking Justin sedgeman and having to ask him to continue because they couldn’t use a calculator previously 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

GSA shows both 7.59 and 7.82 on different issues but I would suggest issue 3 dated 28/5/21 and effective from June 1st is pretty clear that Cooks average has changed after his score on the 17th May for Lynn, as all scores count up to the 23rd of each month.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

GSA shows both 7.59 and 7.82 on different issues but I would suggest issue 3 dated 28/5/21 and effective from June 1st is pretty clear that Cooks average has changed after his score on the 17th May for Lynn, as all scores count up to the 23rd of each month.

There appears to be 2 sets of averages issued for 28/5 - issue 3 and issue 4. Issue 3 indicates that Cook's average of 7.59 will increase to 7.82 on 1/6. Issue  4, which I guess supersedes issue 3 has Lawson included in place of Cook and Cook's average back to 7.59 and no mention of any increase.

His average stays at 7.59 until issue 7 on 8/6 where it increases to 7.82 with effect 6/6 - which in itself seems a bit strange issuing a set of averages 2 days after some become effective.

So if you as a promoter were looking at signing a rider, say on the 4th June, you'd have the green sheet from 3rd of June as your official guide to riders averages. You sign said rider according to that average only for a few days later another set of averages appear and your rider's average has now changed. It appears to all about timing. I always thought green sheets were issued once a month - cut off 23rd of month and effective from 1st of following month. It now seems they're issued at any time and it's a mine field trying to work out why averages have changed mid issue.

Now, if only someone would come on here (or anywhere really) and just say "Rider A was signed and declared in our team on day X to the averages issued on day Y, perhaps all this confusion would subside. I can but dream :)

This average debate could rumble on until tapes up time tonight

May need a NL rider on standby just in case 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

This average debate could rumble on until tapes up time tonight

May need a NL rider on standby just in case 

That won’t be necessary, worst case Cook will guest at No 1, with RR for Heeps 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badge said:

I just posted a link about Jason Crump on the Ipswich thread, and stuff like this makes me admire him even more. Cook has openly admitted that not racing for a year has made him very nervous and affected him, and he’s not alone. Quite a few riders has struggled early because of the break in racing. 

Crump hasn’t just been out for a year like these riders, but he’s been retired how many years now? And yet he comes back after all that time, at the age of 45, and still starts banging in double figure scores!

Incredible really. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, ipswichwitches said:

There appears to be 2 sets of averages issued for 28/5 - issue 3 and issue 4. Issue 3 indicates that Cook's average of 7.59 will increase to 7.82 on 1/6. Issue  4, which I guess supersedes issue 3 has Lawson included in place of Cook and Cook's average back to 7.59 and no mention of any increase.

His average stays at 7.59 until issue 7 on 8/6 where it increases to 7.82 with effect 6/6 - which in itself seems a bit strange issuing a set of averages 2 days after some become effective.

So if you as a promoter were looking at signing a rider, say on the 4th June, you'd have the green sheet from 3rd of June as your official guide to riders averages. You sign said rider according to that average only for a few days later another set of averages appear and your rider's average has now changed. It appears to all about timing. I always thought green sheets were issued once a month - cut off 23rd of month and effective from 1st of following month. It now seems they're issued at any time and it's a mine field trying to work out why averages have changed mid issue.

Now, if only someone would come on here (or anywhere really) and just say "Rider A was signed and declared in our team on day X to the averages issued on day Y, perhaps all this confusion would subside. I can but dream :)

New Green Sheets will be issued whenever there is a team change, in addition to the end of month revisions.

53 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

New Green Sheets will be issued whenever there is a team change, in addition to the end of month revisions.

Thanks for the clarification Neil. :t:

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

That won’t be necessary, worst case Cook will guest at No 1, with RR for Heeps 

So going forward  after tonight IF Cooks average is deemed higher now than 7.59 then Starke will no doubt lose his place 

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

So going forward  after tonight IF Cooks average is deemed higher now than 7.59 then Starke will no doubt lose his place 

His average is immaterial after tonight, or even before tonight depending on your point of view. It's the value of that average at the time that the team was re-declared. As I understand it, the latest time for re-declaration would be 72 hours before tonight's meeting, so some time on the 7th June. At that point, issue 6 of the green sheets was in operation, dated 3rd June, and that clearly states 7.59. The Kings Lynn side averages are effective 7th June.

So if the side was re-declared on 7th June, 7.59 would be the correct average.

Where the confusion seems to lie is with the set of green sheets issued on 8th June, issue 7, which then show the higher average but strangely is effective 2 days before it was issued.

• Haha 1

Just now, ipswichwitches said:

His average is immaterial after tonight, or even before tonight depending on your point of view. It's the value of that average at the time that the team was re-declared. As I understand it, the latest time for re-declaration would be 72 hours before tonight's meeting, so some time on the 7th June. At that point, issue 6 of the green sheets was in operation, dated 3rd June, and that clearly states 7.59. The Kings Lynn side averages are effective 7th June.

So if the side was re-declared on 7th June, 7.59 would be the correct average.

Where the confusion seems to lie is with the set of green sheets issued on 8th June, issue 7, which then show the higher average but strangely is effective 2 days before it was issued.

You need to look back to Issue 3 to see where any confusion may have arisen.

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

You need to look back to Issue 3 to see where any confusion may have arisen.

But issue 3 was superseded by issue 4 on the same day and Cook is back to 7.59 effective 31/5 and that figure remains in all future releases until issue 7.

All very confusing isn't it.