British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Ipswich vs pboro 10/7/21

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well done panthers,,,,experience of knowing where to ride on the track.   Ulrich is having a great season. 

Panthers do look good atm.Regards Ulrich though i'm sure it's him that always seems to start seasons well then half way through and towards the end of seasons it seems he is riding a bag of spanners.I might be wrong it may be someone else.It seems he or whoever i'm thinking of don't like to keep on top of maintaining their equipment as the season goes on.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 2:31 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

How to win at Foxhall

1. Gate and kerb crawl

2. Don't gate and kerb crawl 

How not to win at Foxhall 

1. Gate and go wide 

2. Don't gate and go wide 

Told ya...... :party: 

• Like 1

Ulrich's always had it..the problem is he's a nutter and don't know when to just settle for 2nd sometimes and then makes some crazy move and get injured..but I love him for that...but maybe the likes of Scott and Hans will help him manage this...and maybe just maybe he can get through a season without getting injured...well done Panthers..solid performance.

Ipswich will come good again when Jason Crump returns hes better than the 6 scored from his rides tonight .

Maybe Peterborough might need to let Jordan Palin progress in the championship and ride regular National league for remainder of this season not scoring many and being replaced regularly cant be doing his confidence much good , maybe look at Leon Flint who is hitting some good scores at Berwick if he will drop NL  .

If the track is going to stay like that why don't we ask Leigh Lanham to come out of retirement. I hate saying it but our young reserves were found wanting tonight against experienced riders. Also can someone tell the rest of the guys were to ride, i am sure i heard Scott laughing as he passed Jake ( it might of been me) Well done Craig fantastic job on your debut.

• Like 2

A decent meeting I thought with quite a few overtaking manouevres, yes mainly up the inside.

Peterborough look decent while Ipswich were virtually a 2 man team and very naive on their own track. Starke looks like it could be a struggle for him to get going and Kemp was backing of way too much. Cooks a class act who would have been alright at King's Lynn I suspect if they'd given him time to ride out a tricky start. 

• Like 1

What a night

A lot of people including a lot on here wrote the Panthers off before a wheel had turned (especially Ipswich fans) and they were made to eat their words after a real team performance in which the Panthers led from start to finish.

Not a lot of passing on what is a usual Foxhall showing and I didn’t think the crowd was particularly good either but Panthers had more than enough to beat what was essentially a three man team.

It’s early days but the confidence amongst the Dads Army is growing match by match, mention also to Rob Lyon who isn’t slow to change things and makes the right moves when it’s needed.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Heat 14 ... guess what Nicholls does? 

Every ^%$^% week it's the same .... Witches rides keep making the same mistake by riding wide. 

Credit to the Panthers ... Again better team win. 

More entertainment watching the track staff rake the dirt to where no riders have been in weeks 

Didn't you set him reeling in Allen by using the grip on the outside in the middle/exiting bends. Just great riding, not an Allen mistake. For me, a rider using their brain and skill trumps fill throttle merchants any day. :)

Edited by SPEEDY69

What's happened  to kemps pace ....so off it to night . Would of thought  Chris would help himnout with a engine if it was needed 

Is there something in the rules to stop in the same heat.

1. Nominating a rider for an R/R ride

2. Also making a tactical substitute for the other rider

Are you only allowed to do one in the same heat?

15 minutes ago, ADRIAN said:

What's happened  to kemps pace ....so off it to night . Would of thought  Chris would help himnout with a engine if it was needed 

Nothing to do with bike in my view, just too timid entering the corners, shutting off rather than full gas. He's young so has time to improve. 

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

Panthers do look good atm.Regards Ulrich though i'm sure it's him that always seems to start seasons well then half way through and towards the end of seasons it seems he is riding a bag of spanners.I might be wrong it may be someone else.It seems he or whoever i'm thinking of don't like to keep on top of maintaining their equipment as the season goes on.

I would think Glasgow will ensure he is on good equipment this year, and Osty on good gear is very good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I would think Glasgow will ensure he is on good equipment this year, and Osty on good gear is very good.

Said the same when he first signed for Glasgow - on board good bikes he will be a prolific scorer in both leagues. 

• Like 3