British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Ipswich vs pboro 10/7/21

Chris Harris will need to score more points for his earnings now that Birmingham have suspended there season 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:26 PM, NeilWatson said:

Ipswich have stated Craig Cook's average as 7.59 and Paul Starke's as 4.27 which gives a team total of 35.41. Chris Louis is a shrewd Promoter, and also a Director of BSPL, so I suggest the Green Sheet will show those figures.

The referee's match result sheet (http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/21results/ipswich_10.06.21_res.pdf) shows Craig Cook with an average of 7.59 as I suggested, rather than the figure of 7.82 given in the Green Sheet averages (issues 3 and 7). It will be interesting to see  Issue 8 of the Green Sheets when it is released.

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

What a night

A lot of people including a lot on here wrote the Panthers off before a wheel had turned (especially Ipswich fans) and they were made to eat their words after a real team performance in which the Panthers led from start to finish.

Not a lot of passing on what is a usual Foxhall showing and I didn’t think the crowd was particularly good either but Panthers had more than enough to beat what was essentially a three man team.

It’s early days but the confidence amongst the Dads Army is growing match by match, mention also to Rob Lyon who isn’t slow to change things and makes the right moves when it’s needed.

Onwards and upwards.

Rob has always been one of the best in the business if not the best. Much of Lynn’s success in the last twenty years is largely  down to him  IMO.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The referee's match result sheet (http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/21results/ipswich_10.06.21_res.pdf) shows Craig Cook with an average of 7.59 as I suggested, rather than the figure of 7.82 given in the Green Sheet averages (issues 3 and 7). It will be interesting to see  Issue 8 of the Green Sheets when it is released.

You know as well as everyone that something’s gone on here as the rest of the Ipswich team are on June GSA.

I dare say things will be a little clearer next week when the chance to discuss it with others will reveal the real reason Cooks average of 7.59 stands for June but I suspect it’s all down to rider availability here in the U.K. and the ongoing problem with flying riders in and out due to Covid.

These rolling averages are calculated by Alyce at the BSPL office, I could be kind and say it might have been a mistake on the June issue but I doubt it.

• Like 2

Well done to the Panthers.

Ulrich was always going to be a trump card at reserve and it showed

Peterborough will have a team capable of winning anywhere. They have a top 5 that on any given race day two of them will get double figures and 2 others will get 7 or 8 and maybe one of them 5 or 6.......thats the recipe to win matches.

Last night it was Scott and Hans that got the double figures backed by Harris and Bjarne.....

If the Panthers top 5 get say 12,11,7,7,5 thats 42 points and that will win a lot of meetings

• Like 1

Did Craig Cook and Paul Starke ride as guests, as there is no re-declared list on the British Speedway website?

Edited by Mimmo

Almost one week on, and still no redeclaration showing., so I'm guessing  Cook & Starke must have been guests last Thursday.

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Almost one week on, and still no redeclaration showing., so I'm guessing  Cook & Starke must have been guests last Thursday.

That’s the only conclusion, but Cook was guest for the wrong rider!

Edited by NeilWatson

38 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Bit of a mess isn't it.

37 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

So I guess Cook should have been a guest for Crump?So he should have rode at number 1 and not had a R/R ride.

34 minutes ago, tellboy said:

So I guess Cook should have been a guest for Crump?So he should have rode at number 1 and not had a R/R ride.

Correct

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

41 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Bit of a mess isn't it.

40 minutes ago, tellboy said:

5 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Correct

Void then - re run......:D

• Haha 3

On 6/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Void then - re run......:D

Ipswich should put in a protest against the BSPL for allowing them to select an ineligible team...

3 point deduction for the other 5 clubs in the Premiership..:D

• Like 1

GSA issue 8 now on BSPL website, Cooks June GSA of 7.82 now been amended back to 7.59.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

GSA issue 8 now on BSPL website, Cooks June GSA of 7.82 now been amended back to 7.59.

They've only redeclared the team with todays date, and nothing by the side of the team name stating a different date.  Therefore they must have been guest riders in the meeting against Peterborough.  Finally settled........................or is it????