British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RobMcCaffery

Swedish Legal Streaming Changes

Some of you may be aware of or even subscribe to ESS Play. 

This is a legal streaming service provided by the Swedish clubs. It currently offers an international service priced at SEK 189 (about £15-6) which allows subscribers to watch all Swedish matches on demand. Sadly live coverage is not currently available. 

This is changing. I've received an email from ESS today telling me that viewers outside Sweden and Poland are now being transferred to Fanseat. This service will be much cheaper at 9.99 Euros a month and will also offer live access to all Elitserien matches in addition to on-demand. They also offer French league racing, currently on-demand.

I'm trying to find out if subscribers are automatically transferred between services or we have to cancel and re-register for the new deal. I can use my ESS Play login to access Fanseat but when I tried to buy the service it came up with "Not available". Maybe they think I'm in Sweden. I'm awaiting their response. I tried logging in to my ESS account with success.

For those interested in the service it offers full 1080 HD pictures, single camera though for all but the match televised here on Premier Sports. Commentary is in Swedish but English graphics are promised.

You can access the coverage on PC/Laptop or on IOS or Andoid using an app.

Details here:

https://www.fanseat.com/speedway

Confusingly it refers to British matches. I can't see Eurosport allowing that to British subscribers!

Rob

I've had confirmation from Sweden. Existing ESS Play customers need to cancel their subscriptions then they should be able to use the same logins to sign up with Fanseat. You must make sure you've cancelled the old account first. It's all linked to your email address and it won't allow two accounts to be running.

Whether you're an existing customer or newcomer the website for signing up is:

https://www.fanseat.com/speedway

IGNORE ALL MENTIONS OF PREMIERSHIP IF YOU'RE UK-BASED. 

We get live and on-demand coverage of all Swedish and French league matches. The monthly cost is Euro 9.99, less than £9 for up to 16 mzatches.

The commentary is in Swedish but they are promising English graphics.

Coverage is in HD but just single camera on matches that aren't being shown on Premier or Freesports.

The new price, almost half the ESS Play sub is a real bargain and can e cancelled at any time. I've had superb support in English from them - it's a very professional and LEGAL service, fully supported by the ESS, Sweden's equivalent of the BSPL. 

Rob.