British Speedway Forum

the likely crowd restrictions were known a long time ago.  could wolves not have looked to open up access to the back straight?

it's time to scrap the fixed race nights, if riders want to ride in Poland etc let them, but only have teams of UK based riders, and let clubs race on the day/night that suits THEM and their support.

the old National League (2nd division) worked well until Rye House changed everything 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, heathen52 said:

How can anyone justify allowing 17/18,000 at the Cricket today which equates to roughly 70% of capacity,  yet only allow a tiny fraction to attend other Sports.

AND no sign of social distancing, packed in like sardines 

12 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AND no sign of social distancing, packed in like sardines 

All had to produce a negative test I understand

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

it's time to scrap the fixed race nights, if riders want to ride in Poland etc let them, but only have teams of UK based riders, and let clubs race on the day/night that suits THEM and their support.

the old National League (2nd division) worked well until Rye House changed everything 

That will also allow floating fans to attend multiple events, I wonder how many people used to go to Peterborough and KL but now have to choose

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

That will also allow floating fans to attend multiple events, I wonder how many people used to go to Peterborough and KL but now have to choose

I used to attend White City on the Wednesday, Oxford Thursday and Swindon on Saturday with the occasional Reading on Monday thrown in!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

And you still have missing riders on fixed race nights who are allowed fo give meetings a miss to race in Poland the night after, so what is really the purpose of them..?

And plenty of guest riders already this year so you might as well just have a free for all and race when you feel your best crowds will come, select teams v select teams..

Won't be any different than any other year in that regard, but at least now they could use 'Covid' as an excuse..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I used to attend White City on the Wednesday, Oxford Thursday and Swindon on Saturday with the occasional Reading on Monday thrown in!

Ahh.. the good old days.

In the height of summer me and my dad would often go to Wolves on a Monday, Milton Keynes on a Tuesday, Long Eaton on a Wednesday, Sheffield on a Thursday, Peterborough on a Friday, Coventry on a Saturday and then an individual meeting on a Sunday, KL, Bradford or BV... oh how times have changed!

They were happy days :)

• Like 4

21 hours ago, heathen52 said:

How can anyone justify allowing 17/18,000 at the Cricket today which equates to roughly 70% of capacity,  yet only allow a tiny fraction to attend other Sports.

At the cricket you have to have a PCR test.

I'd cancel the season now

I doubt the restrictions will be eased by the Govt. 

If Wolves CC hardball attendance there's no point 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Ahh.. the good old days.

In the height of summer me and my dad would often go to Wolves on a Monday, Milton Keynes on a Tuesday, Long Eaton on a Wednesday, Sheffield on a Thursday, Peterborough on a Friday, Coventry on a Saturday and then an individual meeting on a Sunday, KL, Bradford or BV... oh how times have changed!

They were happy days :)

Coventry Saturday, Birmingham Monday and Leicester Tuesday for me, plus the occasional Wolves Friday.

• Like 3

Well with Wolves threatening to close and now Birmingham putting their season on hold with immediate effect due to unsustainable losses due to COVID restrictions it is clear to even the most optimistic that this is a crisis, in fact to quote Blackadder 'This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'.!

43 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

At the cricket you have to have a PCR test.

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

32 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Coventry Saturday, Birmingham Monday and Leicester Tuesday for me, plus the occasional Wolves Friday.

Yep...remember one particular weekend awayday. Peterborough on the Friday, King's Lynn on Saturday followed by Boston on Sunday!