British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, iainb said:

It's surprising that some of these "slippery customers" haven't had one of the government Covid loans with no intention of paying it back and declaring bankruptcy, as no doubt many many businesses will do up and down the country. I suppose we'll have to wait and see on that score 

Looking at what has happened to speedway and the tracks over the years there is hard evidence to support my comments. Yes there are good and bad in everyone but when it comes to money people can become very difficult. While I can do nothing but praise the promoters for working to get speedway running supporters naivety is an issue. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Midland Red said:

So? :o

So..... it meant that some Leicester fans held a grudge forever and would never set foot in Brandon. Not me though as I transferred to the Bees in 1984 being as it was just a quick drive up the M69. I could never understand the long lasting  anger at the Coventry promotion because there was a team of directors who made the decision, not just Charles Ochiltree. Not only that but it was nothing at all to do with the promoters who followed after the Ochiltree's sold out. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...much to the disgust of Leicester Promoter at the time Martin Rogers!

Something I have always wondered about because the last match in 1983 was nothing like any other final meeting. No goodbye speeches from the riders,  see you next season, no nothing. Very strange. 

• Like 1

Why are Wolves allowed to delay fixtures by 4 weeks?

If the whole league stops for 4 weeks, this will ruin the momentum that the Panthers have built up.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

If the whole league stops for 4 weeks, this will ruin the momentum that the Panthers have built up.

Because the alternative is a five team league! Try thinking about the whole sport instead of following the BSPL normal policy of only thinking about the track they run / you support. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Because the alternative is a five team league! Try thinking about the whole sport instead of following the BSPL normal policy of only thinking about the track they run / you support. 

The only thing i have against this post is that i wish i could like it more than once.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

:icon_smile_clown:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gemini said:

Something I have always wondered about because the last match in 1983 was nothing like any other final meeting. No goodbye speeches from the riders,  see you next season, no nothing. Very strange. 

Everything was set up by Rogers for the next season until the rug was pulled late in the day. He had no inkling that the last match would be the last match.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

What a stupid statement?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I deleted the reference to the Panthers.....
The fear is that several clubs delay their fixtures by 4 weeks, we won't get the league completed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

STUPID BOY!

2 hours ago, False dawn said:

I deleted the reference to the Panthers.....
The fear is that several clubs delay their fixtures by 4 weeks, we won't get the league completed.

Only postponed the 1 home match out of 2 at moment.In that case do without play offs top 2 straight into final.

Will 1 month be enough ......... can you believe anything that comes from the government ?  Another variant will be appear and another and another ....... still as long as everyone can watch the football tennis  cricket who gives a toss about speedway?

• Like 1

Does anyone know whether the BSPA have been in touch with the “All-Party Parliamentary Group for Motorcycle Speedway”, if it still exists?