British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies Season Halted |

4 hours ago, Grachan said:

“The economics of the sport which relies so much on the paying spectator are not robust enough to take any downturn in revenue particularly after the cancelation of the 2020 season. Our government is not able to provide any indication of the timing or the steps of lifting the restrictions, which is not a criticism, just a fact. With this in front of us, it is impossible to plan and commit for racing at the Abbey in 2021."

Swindon Robins Speedway Official Website: NO SPEEDWAY RACING AT SWINDON THIS YEAR (swindon-speedway.com)

New stadium works was certainly a factor.

This decision has been reached due to the uncertainties facing speedway promotion in general, together with the likely disruption of building works at Abbey Stadium 

Guess they are well on with the new stadium, or is the national shortage of cement a problem?

Is it a coincidence that both the Teams one temporarily suspending the season Birmingham, and the other Wolves saying sustaining heavy losses, had major issues on there opening nights, has this impacted on attendances since ?.

7 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

New stadium works was certainly a factor.

This decision has been reached due to the uncertainties facing speedway promotion in general, together with the likely disruption of building works at Abbey Stadium 

Guess they are well on with the new stadium, or is the national shortage of cement a problem?

The restrictions was given as the main reason. Without those, I'm pretty sure the season would have gone ahead at Swindon just as it has since 2008 when it was all supposed to be getting built.

I think they know as well as anyone that it's a long shot that there will be any stadium work this year.

The only thing that really annoys me about this is the fact they let me buy a ticket for the Poole meeting at 8pm last night..

Im sure they would have already made their decision and should have closed this facility down.

I will be asking for a refund.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Any information on why phones couldn't have been used to book tickets? 

Or were they?

Surely people are able to ring up, use their card to buy, and either have them sent to their home, or the barcode sent to their phone?

Or even pick them up on the night..?

There is a though a myth that 50 somethings dont use computers. Most of us are extremely computer and internet savvy..

Especially when the wife suddenly walks in to the room..:D

Telephone sales have been used by Kent.  Very very easy.  I got my tickets the next day after my phone call and had a reserved seat.

I believe that others were able to buy tickets directly at the stadium with a personal visit right up to the time of the meeting.

The rent is the complete killer too, i bet perry barr aint cheap and the landlords will prob want the whole season paying for up front.

2 hours ago, HGould said:

I ve been told it was the Stadium Owners who pulled cash sales. 

Why would they do that?

Did stadium rather than speedway staff operate it?

11 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Why would they do that?

Did stadium rather than speedway staff operate it?

Ties in with the question about Card a sales over the phone. 

Brummies have very limited access to the Stadium and certainly not enough access to set up a phone option. 

As for Kent doing same. I called for Tickets for Leicester match there waiting hours to get through. 

When I did card machines were on a Go Slow and a lady promised to call back. I never got a call back and having wasted hours trying to get through again  gave up. I was subsequently told they had 3 staff covering phones and visitors. No wonder it was so amateurish. 

Brummies online ticketing is simple and easy and I'm nearly 70. 

Problems are more to do with crowd limits. 

2 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Is it a coincidence that both the Teams one temporarily suspending the season Birmingham, and the other Wolves saying sustaining heavy losses, had major issues on there opening nights, has this impacted on attendances since ?.

Not at wolves after the first night they sold out of tickets for the other night's.  Think at Birmingham it did effect the crowd as it was down on Wednesday that's for sure. 

3 hours ago, BobC said:

The only thing that really annoys me about this is the fact they let me buy a ticket for the Poole meeting at 8pm last night..

Im sure they would have already made their decision and should have closed this facility down.

According to Brum forum they have been in contact with Try booking and refunds are being arranged 

3 hours ago, BobC said:

refunds have been set up and you should get an email tonight from trybooking .

59 minutes ago, Graham C said:

According to Brum forum they have been in contact with Try booking and refunds are being arranged 

Got my refund, without even asking. Fair play to them. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Wolves sold out both times since

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Ties in with the question about Card a sales over the phone. 

Brummies have very limited access to the Stadium and certainly not enough access to set up a phone option. 

As for Kent doing same. I called for Tickets for Leicester match there waiting hours to get through. 

When I did card machines were on a Go Slow and a lady promised to call back. I never got a call back and having wasted hours trying to get through again  gave up. I was subsequently told they had 3 staff covering phones and visitors. No wonder it was so amateurish. 

Brummies online ticketing is simple and easy and I'm nearly 70. 

Problems are more to do with crowd limits. 

HGould had the opposite experience to me. I booked for the Leicester match and when it was rained off I called and got through straight away to get the

ticket transferred to the Eastbourne match, That match was rained off so I transferred the ticket to the Glasgow match and booked for Bank Holiday Monday

at tne same time.. Couldn't fault the system.I had the impression that the girls on the phone new very little about speedway, but I still got my tickets.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HGould said:

You don't have to be located at the stadium to do telephone sales... there's these wonderful new things I've seen called mobile phones... they don't have a wire attached to them or anything!

I'm gonna get myself one :rofl:

• Haha 1