British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies Season Halted |

18 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Do any Brummies fans know. If there will be a partial reduction in price for the re arranged KO Cup meeting. I have emailed Laurence Rogers. But as yet, have not received a reply.

Exactly how much do you want to pay? 

13 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Do any Brummies fans know. If there will be a partial reduction in price for the re arranged KO Cup meeting. I have emailed Laurence Rogers. But as yet, have not received a reply.

Keep us posted please. I might call later as there must be lots of us wanting to know. I thought as it was abandoned it would have been a re-admission, but I'm just assuming. 

The message from their last couple of press releases suggest that every penny counts. The Brummies are the ones asking for charity on their Just Giving web page.  I wouldn't hold my breath for charity to come the other way.

6 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

The message from their last couple of press releases suggest that every penny counts. The Brummies are the ones asking for charity on their Just Giving web page.  I wouldn't hold my breath for charity to come the other way.

It shouldn't be seen as charity, it would be in the t's&C's of the ticket!

Probably not the best fixture to K.O with....but at least it will give some of the lads who haven't been riding regularly, some track time.

Not sure why fans would be asking for a reduced admission? thought the cut-off for refunds was 'Heat 6' ?

We need to get behind the promoters.....can't take anything for granted!

14 hours ago, mikebaker said:

I will gladly pay FULL price and think of my Club a bit more than myself on this occasion. Hopefully 700 or more think the same.

• Like 1

Should be a £1 discount according to the rules. Surely you kind folk can let them off, considering the clubs circumstances.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Should be a £1 discount according to the rules. Surely you kind folk can let them off, considering the clubs circumstances.

One would hope so. £1 doesn't buy a cup a coffee - or even half a cup!

50 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

One would hope so. £1 doesn't buy a cup a coffee - or even half a cup!

Does where I drink it along with free refills ;)

I have had a response from Laurence Rogers. The rules do state that partial refunds should be given. I am a Redcar supporter, and have purchased 4 tickets for the re-arranged fixture. Hopefully justice prevails, and we earn our way through to defend our 2019 KO Cup success.

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

thanks I didn't realise. I'll pay again no problem and I'm sure the hardcore will, but it's the silence majority you have to worry about.

On 6/29/2021 at 9:40 AM, mikebaker said:

I have had a response from Laurence Rogers. The rules do state that partial refunds should be given.

I'm sure that the £1 refund is worth a great deal more to some than it is to others. I seem to recall one Brummies fan choosing to drive to Leicester all season when the re-opened, instead of following the Brummies, just to save £1 a week on his admission.  No doubt those eager to save 100 pennies will also print out their own race cards so that they won't need to buy a programme too

• Like 1

Just read the Birmingham article in speedway star about fans over 60 not being computer minded, not sure about that. I'm 60 and was online 1 second after the Wolves tickets went on sale for the next meeting. Not a problem , took minutes on the phone to order

7 minutes ago, bruno said:

Just read the Birmingham article in speedway star about fans over 60 not being computer minded, not sure about that. I'm 60 and was online 1 second after the Wolves tickets went on sale for the next meeting. Not a problem , took minutes on the phone to order

Aye, but you're pretty switched on. ;)