British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies Season Halted |

Sorry to repeat....but, if England win tomorrow night, please delay the comeback meeting for another week as England will be playing their semi-final on Wednesday and it will have a massive impact on attendance.....

Noticed that Erik Riss is out with a shoulder injury? does anyone know the extent of his injury?

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Noticed that Erik Riss is out with a shoulder injury? does anyone know the extent of his injury?

Dislocated shoulder according to reports

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bruno said:

Just read the Birmingham article in speedway star about fans over 60 not being computer minded,...

Maybe they are more computer savvy than they are given credit for...and also savvy enough as not to trust a third party ticketing web site with a shoddy attitude towards online privacy and probably data protection?

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Maybe they are more computer savvy than they are given credit for...and also savvy enough as not to trust a third party ticketing web site with a shoddy attitude towards online privacy and probably data protection?

I don’t expect the site is guilty of either of those things. I think it’s clear that you don’t wish to use the site, which is your decision, but your negative scaremongering isn’t helpful. All Clubs are relying heavily (if not exclusively) on on-line bookings for another few weeks - we should be encouraging people to book. Have you raised your concerns with the Birmingham promotion or the booking company - or simply posted repeatedly on here? I’m sure the Club would be happy to set your mind at rest given the opportunity.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I don’t expect the site is guilty of either of those things. I think it’s clear that you don’t wish to use the site, which is your decision, but your negative scaremongering isn’t helpful. All Clubs are relying heavily (if not exclusively) on on-line bookings for another few weeks - we should be encouraging people to book. Have you raised your concerns with the Birmingham promotion or the booking company - or simply posted repeatedly on here? I’m sure the Club would be happy to set your mind at rest given the opportunity.

Leave him alone. He's quite happy sticking the boot in. 

• Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 12:08 PM, NeilWatson said:

I don’t expect the site is guilty of either of those things...

If I book a table, then that's between me and the club. Nobody else needs to know. Contrary to that, and completely outwith the the courtesy of confidentiality, and the good practises of privacy protection, that website has no rights to publish peoples names on thee internet. Simple as. Especially as they don't even ask anyone's permission to use their name on their web site. And if they are as cavalier about people's privacy, they are probably equally cavalier about data protection, so god knows what protects people's credit card information from being accessed by those who aren't entitled to it.  It's not scaremongering, it's common sense. I don't want any budding burglar to know that my place will be empty for a set number of hours, and they can help themselves without worrying about me returning. And I don't want someone hacking my credit card information from that web site's database either.

Fill your boots if you are happy with that lackadaisical attitude towards your personal security, but it ain't for me.

On 7/2/2021 at 12:08 PM, NeilWatson said:

Neil, 

I'm not sure you understand exactly why ukmartin is so outraged. The booking site publishes the names and exact locations of every customer in the inside seating area. It looks like a clear breach of data protection to me. 

For example let us imagine I am stalking you and knew you would likely buy a ticket in the restaurant. I could buy the ticket for the seat next to you thanks to the helpfully displayed seating plan.

That said I still bought a ticket, but it is not a good system.

55 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

If I book a table, then that's between me and the club. Nobody else needs to know. Contrary to that, and completely outwith the the courtesy of confidentiality, and the good practises of privacy protection, that website has no rights to publish peoples names on thee internet. Simple as. Especially as they don't even ask anyone's permission to use their name on their web site. And if they are as cavalier about people's privacy, they are probably equally cavalier about data protection, so god knows what protects people's credit card information from being accessed by those who aren't entitled to it.  It's not scaremongering, it's common sense. I don't want any budding burglar to know that my place will be empty for a set number of hours, and they can help themselves without worrying about me returning. And I don't want someone hacking my credit card information from that web site's database either.

Fill your boots if you are happy with that lackadaisical attitude towards your personal security, but it ain't for me.

Just now, arnieg said:

Neil, 

I'm not sure you understand exactly why ukmartin is so outraged. The booking site publishes the names and exact locations of every customer in the inside seating area. It looks like a clear breach of data protection to me. 

For example let us imagine I am stalking you and knew you would likely buy a ticket in the restaurant. I could buy the ticket for the seat next to you thanks to the helpfully displayed seating plan.

I understand his complaint, and I don’t profess to have a detailed understanding of data protection and credit card security. However if the only issue is that his name appears on a seating plan I don’t see the problem. If he arrived at the track and was greeted as ‘Mr Smith’ (I can’t use his correct name as he posts here under a pseudonym) would that cause outrage? If there was a written seating plan in the restaurant with ‘Mr Smith’ appearing on it would he tear it down in disgust? 

I repeat my earlier questions, has he contacted the booking company or the Club to discuss the issue - or is it just an opportunity to pursue an old vendetta?

Frankly I think it’s a great idea publishing names, as if I was attending Birmingham he’s the last person I would want to sit next to :-)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Neil, 

it does NOT publish the name and exact location of every customer in the inside seating area . A few tables are reserved and the occupants have some family and  friends who join them  and it is NOT full details .  It is NOT a breach of data protection .  Nearly everyone who uses the system says it is a good and easy to use system ....but I suppose not everyone can be happy 

Let’s hope that from 19th July all the restrictions are removed and everyone can go back to paying at the turnstiles - problem solved. I’ll look out for ‘uk_martin’ in shades and camouflage trying not to be seen :-)

• Like 1

Just to clarify there are a few tables where it is for Mr "Smith" and party ..... no full names, dates of birth, addresses, phone numbers , bank details , card details ..... how many Mr "Smith's"  are there etc ????   As the person complaining will never use the system it doesn't affect him and when things return to being able to pay at the gate will he be standing in the queue to anonymously put his cash down and watch his local side??? 

• Like 1

I once used one of those tourist info things in London that had several buttons under a map of all the tourist areas...

You basically pressed a button with a description eg Buckingham Palace, and its location lit up on the map so you could then plot your way to the destination ...

The spooky thing was on the map was an arrow pointing to a place on the map with the words "You are here"...

How did they know?.

I wouldn't use one again....

• Haha 1

England v Denmark on Wednesday then

Nobody in their right mind would run against that 

8 hours ago, noaksey said:

England v Denmark on Wednesday then

Nobody in their right mind would run against that 

Probably just as well the weather forecast is naff from Tues onwards

Edited by zlata prilba