British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies Season Halted |

22 hours ago, iainb said:

You don't have to be located at the stadium to do telephone sales... there's these wonderful new things I've seen called mobile phones... they don't have a wire attached to them or anything!

I'm gonna get myself one :rofl:

I believe several tracks have just invested in some pigeons..

Your tickets will be delivered attached to their legs in a little tube...:D

With Birmingham Parking their season and Johnson’s likely announcement tomorrow does this mean the riders are free to join other Clubs or simply take the lost income on the Chin ?

1 hour ago, semion said:

With Birmingham Parking their season and Johnson’s likely announcement tomorrow does this mean the riders are free to join other Clubs or simply take the lost income on the Chin ?

The riders will stay in Birmingham's 1-7 so will be free to take guest bookings. Their income will be delayed, not lost.

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

I believe several tracks have just invested in some pigeons..

Your tickets will be delivered attached to their legs in a little tube...:D

DeliverCoo

Ahem... I'll get my coat

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The riders will stay in Birmingham's 1-7 so will be free to take guest bookings. Their income will be delayed, not lost.

Is that a guarantee or more in hope ?

In theory if a rider was offered a full time position in the Championship would he be within his rights to take it ?  I mean riders still have to earn and I guess they are self employed.  Or in this case self unemployed 

Edited by semion

I'm guessing that the delay in 'lock-lift' (19th July) will impact the delay to 'Brummies' season ?

16 minutes ago, screm said:

Can't they just take payment over the phone and have a pick up point somewhere outside the stadium for the tickets?

Advance booking and no pay at the gate...

Ticks both boxes?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

The new way of admitting elderly fans into sports stadia, was always going to be problematic. Hopefully a resolution can be struck that is amicable for all.

So will Birmingham be the first victim of the sport's general failure in cultivating a younger audience?

We wont have been helped in the eyes of the Council with the disgusting scenes at Edgbaston the other night when Cricket allowed 1500 drunken students in and they invaded to Pitch.

That will put Sports back under scrutiny of those in Council who clearly have no interest in Speedway at all.

The other worry is how long will our Team be willing or able to sit around waiting for earning opportunities in what's peak season now with no real hope of any Home Meetings for best part of another month. They are self employed sportsmen and need to earn a living.

I'm probably not the only one who has heard rumblings about a few possibly moving out to Clubs who can offer chances and slots. I'm sure Bomber will be getting calls and a few of the others.

Hope that Peter and David can get the support they need from the Council and all Brummies fans before it's too late. 

14 hours ago, screm said:

Basically......the message is....support the club, or lose it!

We are lucky that Peter/David are sticking with us......we need the fans to back em....

Why on earth we cant just pay on the gate is ludicrous! 

The council have always been against us....to##ers!

53 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Basically......the message is....support the club, or lose it!

We are lucky that Peter/David are sticking with us......we need the fans to back em....

Why on earth we cant just pay on the gate is ludicrous! 

The council have always been against us....to##ers!

If and it's a big if , let's hope all restrictions are lifted on the 19th July and our sport can return to normal and all clubs can look forward to fans coming back. 

Do any Brummies fans know. If there will be a partial reduction in price for the re arranged KO Cup meeting. I have emailed Laurence Rogers. But as yet, have not received a reply.

• Sad 1