British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Crusader

Kent v Plymouth 15th June

What are Kent's chances with this one? Could it bit our first home win? They have Danny King and Drew Kemp guesting though. We have Steve Worrell and R/R.

2 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

What are Kent's chances with this one? Could it bit our first home win? They have Danny King and Drew Kemp guesting though. We have Steve Worrell and R/R.

Having the benefit of Drew Kemp at the bottom of their team gives a huge advantage to Plymouth.  Danny King for Jason Crump....not much in it I guess.

Steve Worrall should compensate for no Cameron but still a tough match for the Kings IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Having the benefit of Drew Kemp at the bottom of their team gives a huge advantage to Plymouth.  Danny King for Jason Crump....not much in it I guess.

Steve Worrall should compensate for no Cameron but still a tough match for the Kings IMO. 

Kemp now in isolation under Covid regulations. Coincidentally Neil Vatcher is as well. Weren’t they together with Anders Rowe on the continent last weekend?

24 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Kemp now in isolation under Covid regulations. Coincidentally Neil Vatcher is as well. Weren’t they together with Anders Rowe on the continent last weekend?

Don't forget Dan Gilkes.

22 hours ago, BobC said:

Don't forget Dan Gilkes.

Read on another page Kemp flew from Gdansk while Rowe who rode well at Berwick last night drove back 

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Leon flint in for atkins at reserve. 

another tough nut to crack for the Kings. R/R for Ton Bacon is a big negative unless both Daniel Gilkes and Ben Morley can do the business.

Good weather forecast and not quite as hot as it ws last Tuesday (hope).

Having had a practice last tuesday i would expect an all round improvement from Kent ...Scott excepted of course he was superb without a practise..

• Like 1

My first visit to Kent (as a neutral) and what a fantastic setup it is. Reminded me a little of Stoke with the size, shape and positioning of the track. A lovely big grandstand, everybody was polite and friendly (a few tracks could learn from that) and it was a typical Len Silver production with the track being watered in the right places at the right time to keep the dust down... Only downside was the PA system was inaudible

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iainb said:

Only downside was the PA system was inaudible

You probably didn't miss an awful lot

• Haha 1

Well done Kings for first win....did not look good for most of the meeting.

I did not go as I did not find the fixture so attractive without Crump and the Kent team is in need of a bit more strength.

Scotty is top class and as worrall showed last night we need another heat leader.Yet to see Heeps but still think we need another one.

Starke battles well for his points and I really like Ben (as a rider and really nice bloke).

Dan did well as sure he was still feeling the effects of his crash last week!

But I really cannot understand Hurry in the team...watched him against Glasgow last week and makes me very nervous watching him.He struggled again last night and that was at Home....away will be even harder?

Wonder how many points Kent would have to play with for replacing Bacon and Hurry?Believe we was well below points limit at the begining?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

Well done Kings for first win....did not look good for most of the meeting.

I did not go as I did not find the fixture so attractive without Crump and the Kent team is in need of a bit more strength.

Scotty is top class and as worrall showed last night we need another heat leader.Yet to see Heeps but still think we need another one.

Starke battles well for his points and I really like Ben (as a rider and really nice bloke).

Dan did well as sure he was still feeling the effects of his crash last week!

But I really cannot understand Hurry in the team...watched him against Glasgow last week and makes me very nervous watching him.He struggled again last night and that was at Home....away will be even harder?

Wonder how many points Kent would have to play with for replacing Bacon and Hurry?Believe we was well below points limit at the begining?

Congratulations to the Kings on their first CL victory. Likewise i didnt attend as i didn't rate the opposition much but as it happened it turned into a well balanced affair. Two heat leaders and two decent scoring reserves pushed Kent hard and there will be bigger tests to come. Both sides benefitted with good guests and carried riders throughout. Sadly Jake choked his lines but still feel like he is going to replace Hurry sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Congratulations to the Kings on their first CL victory. Likewise i didnt attend as i didn't rate the opposition much but as it happened it turned into a well balanced affair. Two heat leaders and two decent scoring reserves pushed Kent hard and there will be bigger tests to come. Both sides benefitted with good guests and carried riders throughout. Sadly Jake choked his lines but still feel like he is going to replace Hurry sooner rather than later. 

Agree much bigger tests to come...this is why Kent need to be much stronger IMHO.

13 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Agree much bigger tests to come...this is why Kent need to be much stronger IMHO.

Long term to be competitive in the middle tier Kent definitely need to be much stronger but as the first season in and as a learning curve the team is probably built about right. Bit of local interest, legend spearhead and NDL graduate reserve. Will be enough to keep the fans coming to start with and gauge the levels of costs without completely destroying the bank and its better than the first season they broke back into NL. That said for the Kings to win anything in seasons beyond the team will need to be much stronger as clubs who have been turning out lack lustre teams at this level for a while now are starting to feel the pinch.

Not a bad meeting. The crowd was down on last week, but that was to be expected with so many rain off tickets being used for the Glasgow match. Next week they go up against England on the box. It will be interesting to see how many people choose football over speedway. Central park for me!