British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Crusader

Kent v Plymouth 15th June

17 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Not a bad meeting. The crowd was down on last week, but that was to be expected with so many rain off tickets being used for the Glasgow match. Next week they go up against England on the box. It will be interesting to see how many people choose football over speedway. Central park for me!

Sure the Crump factor had something to do with it (was for me)....good point about next week....never a good thing to do go against TV football! :blink:

Nice to see 2 Pirate guests top-scoring for each side. Augers well for the 29/30th fixtures!!:)

4 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Well done Kings for first win....did not look good for most of the meeting.

I did not go as I did not find the fixture so attractive without Crump and the Kent team is in need of a bit more strength.

Scotty is top class and as worrall showed last night we need another heat leader.Yet to see Heeps but still think we need another one.

Starke battles well for his points and I really like Ben (as a rider and really nice bloke).

Dan did well as sure he was still feeling the effects of his crash last week!

But I really cannot understand Hurry in the team...watched him against Glasgow last week and makes me very nervous watching him.He struggled again last night and that was at Home....away will be even harder?

Wonder how many points Kent would have to play with for replacing Bacon and Hurry?Believe we was well below points limit at the begining?

Looking at current averages for the 1st June, if you take Tom Bacon (5.28), Paul Hurry (5.72) & the spare 1.94 for team building it totals 12.94.

Maybe the management could look at persuading Adam Ellis (8.00) & Gino Manzares (4.00) to come on board. 
Another option might be Bradley Wilson Dean ( seeing he is here for the GP Qualifier at Glasgow) by persuading him to stay over for the season & also looking if Ellis Perks has changed his mind to race this season. Not sure on what their current averages would be.

Like others, one I would have made the effort to book tickets for had Jason been riding.

Got to agree Kent will struggle to do very much this season in the CL with the current  6 man team line up. 

12 minutes ago, dave1075 said:

Looking at current averages for the 1st June, if you take Tom Bacon (5.28), Paul Hurry (5.72) & the spare 1.94 for team building it totals 12.94.

Maybe the management could look at persuading Adam Ellis (8.00) & Gino Manzares (4.00) to come on board. 
Another option might be Bradley Wilson Dean ( seeing he is here for the GP Qualifier at Glasgow) by persuading him to stay over for the season & also looking if Ellis Perks has changed his mind to race this season. Not sure on what their current averages would be.

Adam Ellis, BWD...somebody get Len Silver a chair because hits wallets just come over all hot.....with all the double upping and downing there are no real options other than perhaps Hans Andersen or whoever BWD is replacing becomes available but both are still not so cheap so Heeps will stay. Ryan Kinsley would definitely benefit from more Central park laps so i could see him involved but otherwise realistic ideas are thin on the ground.

For Plymouth Danny King a , top replacement for Crump..Likewise Steve Worral for Heeps and top scored for Kent ..An exciting close encounter ,that could have gone either way at half time.. Scott Nichols consistent as normal as was Paul Starke,,like to see him win more races though to confirm him as a heat leader  ,,Reserve  Ben  Morley showed real aggression to earn his 11 paid 13 points ,, 3 wins in that total ,,which  earned him the rider of the night  award ..Young Dan Gilks would have  won another race if Hurry had not fallen at the back,,,,Dan then missed the gate in the re;run ,,Hurry showed dashes of pace but is falling too often on his own..i think there is a problem there,,,Cameron Heeps could be back next week and that will give us an idea of how strong the team is really going to be  at home,,,,If the racing is as good as yesterday you will not want to miss it next week,,,i cant wait !...........

• Like 1

Would any have the race time for heat 4 and heats 11-15 please? I know the Kings update site were saying the PA was terrible last night. Thanks in advance.

43 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would any have the race time for heat 4 and heats 11-15 please? I know the Kings update site were saying the PA was terrible last night. Thanks in advance.

4. 57.8,  11. 584,  12. 59.1,  13. 58.2,  14. 59.7,  15. 58.8.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

4. 57.8,  11. 584,  12. 59.1,  13. 58.2,  14. 59.7,  15. 58.8.

Bless you. Thank you very much.

yes the PA is very bad and always has been ,,it was so bad on tuesday we could not hear it at all on the back straight..it appears it is badly set up and needs a professional sound man to do it..But will they bother the problem has been there for years  /???

42 minutes ago, waco said:

yes the PA is very bad and always has been ,,it was so bad on tuesday we could not hear it at all on the back straight..it appears it is badly set up and needs a professional sound man to do it..But will they bother the problem has been there for years  /???

Maybe the new landlords will sort it out.

It was difficult to see who the r/r rides were taken by work everybody wearing team suits, you being so far away from the track and the numbers on the riders race jackets being so small

6 hours ago, waco said:

For Plymouth Danny King a , top replacement for Crump..Likewise Steve Worral for Heeps and top scored for Kent ..An exciting close encounter ,that could have gone either way at half time.. Scott Nichols consistent as normal as was Paul Starke,,like to see him win more races though to confirm him as a heat leader  ,,Reserve  Ben  Morley showed real aggression to earn his 11 paid 13 points ,, 3 wins in that total ,,which  earned him the rider of the night  award ..Young Dan Gilks would have  won another race if Hurry had not fallen at the back,,,,Dan then missed the gate in the re;run ,,Hurry showed dashes of pace but is falling too often on his own..i think there is a problem there,,,Cameron Heeps could be back next week and that will give us an idea of how strong the team is really going to be  at home,,,,If the racing is as good as yesterday you will not want to miss it next week,,,i cant wait !...........

Agree with Waco. I loved the racing on Tuesday. Right out of the top drawer. I note that a lot of Warriers on the link are talking about how strong the team needs to be.

They all have already completely forgot that at the very beginning, the management reported that this was to be regarded as a learning process for them and clearly

did not expect to win anything.  The early loss of Nico Covatti gave an immediate problem and with so few riders now on the scene, I, for one, did not expect the team to

be among the leaders.  So long as the racing is exciting......and it certainly is...I am happy.and we have a couple of the best youngsters in the UK who will only get better.

• Like 1

Also worth noting that the Kent promotion aren't complaining about losing money every meeting. That's because the team is built to a budget. Far better to finish bottom half of the table but still have a club the following season, then to win all the trophies and have to close. I am sure Workington fans would hand back those historic trophies to have weekly speedway again.

• Like 2

Any Kent fans help me?

Was planning on coming to Leicester meeting and got Tickets, having missed rained off fixture and got a few days booked in Tenterden.

Been told that Leicester on 22nd June and Poole on 29th June are now OFF and Kent website seems to show that but no explanation.

http://www.kent-speedway.com/fixtures21

Kent Next match on website is KOC tie in early July. Can't see that being a big Crowd with a big deficit to make up.

Will we be offered a Refund or to move to another Fixture

Whats happening at Kent?