British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
noaksey

Peterborough v Wolves 14/6

Excellent meeting. Well done to both teams for giving it a go.

That's why i regularly drive the 90 miles from my home to the Showground, it rarely disappoints. Young Becker is going to be a good un...

• Like 1

Cracking meeting and some superb racing.

As a neutral I’d be happy to just watch meetings from Peterborough and Belle Vue. The other PL tracks tend to offer a much poorer TV experience.

• Like 3

Ryan Douglas should of joined Peterborough his riding style and track craft is made for the showground 

21 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Rising star just lost out heat 14. Palin replaced by oostergaard   Peterborough 14 points up match won so why replace a rising star with a Dane ? Only in British speedway   

Completely agree. He would almost certainly have got another point. Rob Lyon is usually so good, so would like his explanation on this one

1 minute ago, crazyb said:

Completely agree. He would almost certainly have got another point. Rob Lyon is usually so good, so would like his explanation on this one

He explained his reason on the TV. 

Didn’t want to concede 2 5-1’s and let Wolves have a point.

Not agreeing with it but that was the justification.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

He explained his reason on the TV. 

Didn’t want to concede 2 5-1’s and let Wolves have a point.

Not agreeing with it but that was the justification.

So he expected Flint to beat Nichols ? We are either pushing the rising star are it’s just a convenience?? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

So he expected Flint to beat Nichols ? We are either pushing the rising star are it’s just a convenience?? 

And Sheffield are pushing Bates;)

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

And Sheffield are pushing Bates;)

We’re not pushing Bates we are stuck with him. I didn’t agree that he should be in the rising star category. Should be 21 and under only for me 

• Like 2

Thoroughly enjoyed that, Peterborough really is a fantastic speedway track when it’s well prepared. Fast, full throttle speedway is the best kind IMO. 

2 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Forget the score, one of the most entertaining meetings thus far. Congratulations to both sets of riders for putting on a good show. 

Absolutely agree. Best match so far hands down. Peterborough is my favourite place to watch speedway and they deserved the win. Very solid team, Wolves were a 2 man team.

we rarely get anything at the Showground so no real surprises. 

I really enjoyed that. Fair play to Becker & Douglas for giving the Panthers some competition. B*yawn*e's adoption of Miedzinski light team riding tactics makes him more interesting to watch.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Old boys should win this. Hope for a decent meeting. Abbie Stevens? Is a honey and good on the mic.

What has that got to to do with speedway ? Weirdo.