British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
noaksey

Peterborough v Wolves 14/6

49 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Enjoyable meeting. Peterborough is a great track when we’ll prepared.

A number of years ago, the World Team Cup was held there. 25 races with about 20 excellent races on the day.....meeting of the decade for me.

That was an extraordinary meeting, agree with your assessment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickH114 said:

What also enhances the great racing at the showground is that it is a speedway only venue, you don’t have to watch through wire fencing, no dog track or stock car track to distance you from the action.

Which is why it is unfair to compare it to other venues, such as Monmore, who have many restrictions to live with.

3 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Enjoyable meeting. Peterborough is a great track when we’ll prepared.

A number of years ago, the World Team Cup was held there. 25 races with about 20 excellent races on the day.....meeting of the decade for me.

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

That was an extraordinary meeting, agree with your assessment.

There was some exceptional racing that night, the previous night was raced in torrential rain if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

Couldn’t get to sleep last night, about 00.10am today I was flicking tv channels and landed on Quest and they were showing Peterborough v Wolves match, unexpected viewing.

Not very often I agree with Gavan, but I can't understand how people have been writing Peterborough off.

Bjarne Pedersen is well, well passed his prime but his gating alone in such a weak league will see him score points. All of their top 5 on their day are as good as any rider in the current league.

Add to that Ostergaard on board decent equipment, and their a match for anybody. I certainly cannot see them in the bottom two unless injuries come into play.

Take out Bewley, and I would probably take Andersen over any other rider in the league.

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Couldn’t get to sleep last night, about 00.10am today I was flicking tv channels and landed on Quest and they were showing Peterborough v Wolves match, unexpected viewing.

Quest show highlights of the Eurosport meeting on the Tuesday at 11pm. You just happened to flick on to Quest+1.

• Thanks 1